Same Logo. Same "City". Same Expectations. The Official 17-18 Detroit Pistons Off/Season Thread

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Breh you're making my point.You just said if Reggie and Andre bounce back we are "competing" for a playoff berth.If you're spending what the pistons are spending you are not supposed to be hoping for a chance to "compete" for a playoff berth .You're supposed to be a top 3 team in the conference.We're spending luxury tax money for a team that's a 7 seed at best . Milwaukee and Washington are not as flawed as us.They both have players you can legit build contenders with (Greek Freak and Wall) .Our supposed best player can't even stay on the court because his free throw percentage is lower than Trumps approval rating. We are nowhere near Washington and Milwaukee.

As an executive SVG has drafted literally nothing but busts.As an executive SVG has built a roster that forced our best and most consistent player on the squad to play the 6th man role (Tobias) as an executive SVG has been trash.He gambled and so far he is losing
Unless your a Warriors, Cavs, or Spurs, maybe Hou fan your team literally stands no chance at a championship next year. Pistons just need to field a competitive team to get people interested in them again. Pistons had shytload of cap space last year but FA don't come to Detroit. Teams like pistons have to bargain shop by acquiring guys like Morris, ish, Leuer, Tobias. And they refuse to tank for draft picks.

Too early to call Stanley Johnson a bust. SVG needs to find a way to play Stanley to his strengths. Having him sit in the corner jacking up threes is asking him to fail. Way too early to call Ellenson a bust. This is a coaching problem, not talent thing with these guys. Never made any sense why Ellenson never played especially considering how badly they needed outside shooting. Leuer, Morris, Tobias defense at PF wasn't that great, Ellenson wouldn't have been much worse.

If Gores wants to pay the luxury tax that's on him, it's not my money.

Milwaukee has giannis but are probably a worse shooting team than pistons. And Wall will either sign a crippling 200 mill contract with wash or leave to more competitive squad. Neither are close to championship caliber teams.

Drummond is Drummond. The sooner he embraces the Deandre Jordan role, he can go back to being an allstar. He needs to just be a garbage man. SVG needs to find way to motivate him. It never made sense how he could dominate in matchups against guys like whiteside, Jordan, Thompson, or Howard but then get killed by zeller or Dedman of the world. That tells me it is all an effort thing.

FukkaPaidEmail

Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
Unless your a Warriors, Cavs, or Spurs, maybe Hou fan your team literally stands no chance at a championship next year. Pistons just need to field a competitive team to get people interested in them again. Pistons had shytload of cap space last year but FA don't come to Detroit. Teams like pistons have to bargain shop by acquiring guys like Morris, ish, Leuer, Tobias. And they refuse to tank for draft picks.

Too early to call Stanley Johnson a bust. SVG needs to find a way to play Stanley to his strengths. Having him sit in the corner jacking up threes is asking him to fail. Way too early to call Ellenson a bust. This is a coaching problem, not talent thing with these guys. Never made any sense why Ellenson never played especially considering how badly they needed outside shooting. Leuer, Morris, Tobias defense at PF wasn't that great, Ellenson wouldn't have been much worse.

If Gores wants to pay the luxury tax that's on him, it's not my money.

Milwaukee has giannis but are probably a worse shooting team than pistons. And Wall will either sign a crippling 200 mill contract with wash or leave to more competitive squad. Neither are close to championship caliber teams.

Drummond is Drummond. The sooner he embraces the Deandre Jordan role, he can go back to being an allstar. He needs to just be a garbage man. SVG needs to find way to motivate him. It never made sense how he could dominate in matchups against guys like whiteside, Jordan, Thompson, or Howard but then get killed by zeller or Dedman of the world. That tells me it is all an effort thing.

We just have two different outlooks on this squad :yeshrug:...I can respect it

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Van Gundy and only Van Gundy is the reason for Ellison and Johnson not progressing. He seems like Larry Brown. If you're young, he don't like you. Period. They're not allowed to play through mistakes.

He also didn't play boban enough imo. I'm not saying give him 30 minutes but he shouldn't be getting dnp's.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'm still sitting on Mario hezonja island waiting for him to do something

Drummond needs a vet big poking a finger in his chest again. Rasheed had him bullying nikkas and talking shyt now he's pampered and coddled. Can't even play in the last 6 minutes of a game cause he can't his a ducking free throw and is too good todo underhand free throws. Anthony Davis will rock a unibrow but Drummond too good to try rick Barry style free throws

Reggie hate came after us getting swept by the cavs hen him coming back still hurt. Reggie wasn't as bad as people made him out to be but he isn't endearing. He's like Russell Westbrook without the angry faces and the stat padding. A chucking point guard who will try and hero ball a team in and out the game despite not being a great shooter

yep, was saying the bold all last year

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
yep, was saying the bold all last year
I'd be seeing if we could bring in nene for the low to be a vet (he probably wants to be on a contender tho) and have him smack Drummond every week when he starts playing lazily. Zachary Randolph would be great because of how elite he is from the post and his toughness could rub off but he might go to the warriors or stay and get his jersey retired in Memphis
David lee is skilled but he's a liability on defense
Same with Luis scola

What thebheat have with udonis Haslem is what we need wih Drummond

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'd be seeing if we could bring in nene for the low to be a vet (he probably wants to be on a contender tho) and have him smack Drummond every week when he starts playing lazily. Zachary Randolph would be great because of how elite he is from the post and his toughness could rub off but he might go to the warriors or stay and get his jersey retired in Memphis
David lee is skilled but he's a liability on defense
Same with Luis scola

What thebheat have with udonis Haslem is what we need wih Drummond

Nene or Randolph would be a good look for a vet presence:ehh:. I agree with Haslem. They should have just kept Sheed on board, or at least bring him back to the staff now.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Detroit's downfall is that post Billups, they never got premier talent in the draft. Every time they miss the offs, y'all always seem to be around 8-14, hard to do shyt with players found in that range. I just hope you guys can have 3-4 years where the team is having multiple chances at upside players in that top 5 draft range.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Our supposed best player can't even stay on the court because his free throw percentage is lower than Trumps approval rating.
mjlaff2-gif.2846

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I gotta stay out the coliseum. Kristaps for a 4th!!! he'd be perfect to build around in van gundy system. I know we have nothing to get this done but fukk... if we could get him for next years first and whatever they want we have I'd do it.

They probably wouldn't want Drummond so I'd trade him to another team for a shooter of any type, nick stauskus... lol. not that but you get the point.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
I'm so apathetic too this team. I just want to be excited about a player we draft. 2 years straight its been blah, and that's not wholly on the rookies either. I think Van Gundy has really mishandled them and their development. We'll see if it will become a motivator for them, and Stanley and Ellinson come back next season much improved. I just need something to be excited about next year, whether its an overachieving or highlightish rookie, or one of our current players actually making a leap. Just don't end up making the op prophetic.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

That's a fukking terrible offer. Afflalo would be waived, and even dumping Drummond's contract has us over the cap unless KCP walks too.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI

That's a fukking terrible offer. Afflalo would be waived, and even dumping Drummond's contract has us over the cap unless KCP walks too.

If they can unload Drummond contract do it. Maybe add WCS instead of afflalo. Andre has probably reached his ceiling most likely. They could get monk or Dennis Smith at 10 and get Drummond replacement at 12 either Collins, Giles, or Allen.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
If they can unload Drummond contract do it. Maybe add WCS instead of afflalo. Andre has probably reached his ceiling most likely. They could get monk or Dennis Smith at 10 and get Drummond replacement at 12 either Collins, Giles, or Allen.

With Harris, Jackson & Leuer contracts I fail to compute how Dre's is the issue. He's by a million miles the hardest to replace. SVG already jerked around Stanley mins and banished Ellenson to Grand Rapids. What's gonna happen to those picks? I see a 20 win season with that trade

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
With Harris, Jackson & Leuer contracts I fail to compute how Dre's is the issue. He's by a million miles the hardest to replace. SVG already jerked around Stanley mins and banished Ellenson to Grand Rapids. What's gonna happen to those picks? I see a 20 win season with that trade
I agree with thisbharris contract isn't bad tho
Leuer and Jackson are who we really want to move

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I agree with thisbharris contract isn't bad tho
Leuer and Jackson are who we really want to move