Samoa Joe Explains Why WWE Raiding and Stocking Up On Indie Talent Is A Good Thing

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
The problem is they keep guys like Orton, Ziggler, Zack Ryder, etc...around and nobody has room to maneuver. Like what plans do the writers have for a guy like Zack Ryder?

For real. If you've been on the main roster for 5 or more years but only elicit CDQ reactions, you need a big retooling in my opinion but WWE just keeps resigning the Ziggler and Ryder's of the world.

Last edited:

CrossBones

Louder than words
Daps
Reppin
Vice City
It's good for the wrestlers, bad for the fans. Rosters filled with guys who do nothing, don't get on tv, or even exist past dark matches or as jobber fodder. The whole entire sports entertainment world feels like 2000, only the WWE has become WCW, and there isn't any Attitude Era competition to combat it.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
I think Joe's comments are more pointed towards TNA than anything given how they treated him over the years and tossed him, and people like Styles, Daniels, Storm, Roode, etc. , aside for the next great WWE castoff.

he's right

but same time people like the Young Bucks had themselves a @Superkick Party and can almost get paid whatever they want

They, Omega, Page, Cody, and Marty Scurll are the exceptions. Over 90% of the time, anyone making money on the indy's is someone who first made their name in WWE

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
I think Joe's comments are more pointed towards TNA than anything given how they treated him over the years and tossed him, and people like Styles, Daniels, Storm, Roode, etc. , aside for the next great WWE castoff.

They, Omega, Page, Cody, and Marty Scurll are the exceptions. Over 90% of the time, anyone making money on the indy's is someone who first made their name in WWE

If you want to get technical, Omega was in WWE developmental and we know Cody's story.. Plus the Bucks were in TNA at one point.

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Be the world champion of some Chicago promotion and have to bounce from Ohio to California to wrestle in front of maybe 700 people in a gym or a hall while also having to personally sell merch to these grown ass men
And having to hope njpw will let you be in a few triple tag matches or you can get booked in roh and have to be so outstanding they invest in you

Or a steady paycheck and even if all u do is job you make twice what you make as an indie guy or gal. Unless u the bucks Cody Rhodes Kenny omega or maybe jay lethal u not making what fukking joe makes right now

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
I personally don’t think Cody, Bucks n co are getting money like ppl claim they are. If that was da case, ppl like Joe, Seth Rollins, Ambrose, AJ n Daniel Brian would still be in tha indies.

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
Having joint ppvs again thou really gonna make it even harder to get any shine

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I personally don’t think Cody, Bucks n co are getting money like ppl claim they are. If that was da case, ppl like Joe, Seth Rollins, Ambrose, AJ n Daniel Brian would still be in tha indies.
Aj made real good money on the indys..he's a international wrestling star. Paige could leave and just do signings and make 6 figures.