Saudi's electronically tracking women!

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Wrong answer. :ufdup:
We cant speak ignorance for the sake of religion trolling. They didnt burn all the books because they are very intelligent people and have people in all academic fields who are internationally respected. Im not telling you anything you dont know, which is the scary part. :leostare:

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
We cant speak ignorance for the sake of religion trolling. They didnt burn all the books because they are very intelligent people and have people in all academic fields who are internationally respected. Im not telling you anything you dont know, which is the scary part. :leostare:

Muslim countries, including oil-wealthy nations, are seriously underrepresented in intellectual achievement in modern times, which was not the case in the past. Having a few token achievers doesn't change that unfortunate fact. Their culture of intellectualism was destroyed largely by fundamentalist religious thinking. :ufdup:

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
Muslim countries, including oil-wealthy nations, are seriously underrepresented in intellectual achievement in modern times, which was not the case in the past. Having a few token achievers doesn't change that unfortunate fact. Their culture of intellectualism was destroyed largely by fundamentalist religious thinking. :ufdup:

I try to explain this to the anti Islam contingent on here but they seem to think its something inherent in Islam that makes it conducive to oppression and ignorance. Even if you believe that religion in and of itself is a net negative, you can't ignore the historical context in which these things are happening.

Blaming the Iraqi civil-war during the Iraq War on religious differences is utterly absurd; for example, because it totally ignores the colonial legacy and the American involvement in the region and how that exacerbated tensions.

In this case about the electronic tracking and the rest of the Arab world being regressive intellectually, we have to consider that the house of Saud was supported by the British in exchange for them fighting the Ottomans. Eventually they found gold and supported the rest of their extreme ideological Wahhabi friends across the gulf, and thus these states and these types of policies were born.

Blaming a 1400 year old book for 21st century electronic tracking is insane. It presupposes that if the aforementioned buck was absent, these policies wouldn't exist and the people would be enlightened.

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I try to explain this to the anti Islam contingent on here but they seem to think its something inherent in Islam that makes it conducive to oppression and ignorance. Even if you believe that religion in and of itself is a net negative, you can't ignore the historical context in which these things are happening.

Blaming the Iraqi civil-war during the Iraq War on religious differences is utterly absurd; for example, because it totally ignores the colonial legacy and the American involvement in the region and how that exacerbated tensions.

In this case about the electronic tracking and the rest of the Arab world being regressive intellectually, we have to consider that the house of Saud was supported by the British in exchange for them fighting the Ottomans. Eventually they found gold and supported the rest of their extreme ideological Wahhabi friends across the gulf, and thus these states and these types of policies were born.

Blaming a 1400 year old book for 21st century electronic tracking is insane. It presupposes that if the aforementioned buck was absent, these policies wouldn't exist and the people would be enlightened.

I agree that an understanding of the historical context is necessary in order to analyze the situation properly. Even the rise of religious fundamentalism that helped destroy Islamic intellectual culture was partially incited by Western interventionism. I don't think the Quran is the sole reason Saudi Arabia does things like this. I also think removing the books from the picture entirely is wrong, though, because the interpretations, while not direct, transparent, truth, remain interpretations of those very books- they aren't simply coming out of thin air.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans

Except these people cite your holy book and hadiths as excuses to do these things. Why shouldn't I take them for their word?

Your book and hadiths predate these European/Asian meddling for the most part.

This is the issue I take with your religion and all religion, you guys act like people don't interpret things a certain way.

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
Except these people cite your holy book and hadiths as excuses to do these things. Why shouldn't I take them for their word?

Your book and hadiths predate these European/Asian meddling for the most part.

This is the issue I take with your religion and all religion, you guys act like people don't interpret things a certain way.

But that's exactly the point I'm making. It could be any religion that they would use to do these type of things. It's like blaming communism for Mao or Stalin... its very naiive.

A discussion on the actual religion and whether you feel its ridiculous or have a serious theological qualm is one thing but I think that a discussion about whether this or that ideology or faith is directly leading to oppression and if only we could get rid of it we'd be fine is irresponsible.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
But that's exactly the point I'm making. It could be any religion that they would use to do these type of things. It's like blaming communism for Mao or Stalin... its very naiive.

A discussion on the actual religion and whether you feel its ridiculous or have a serious theological qualm is one thing but I think that a discussion about whether this or that ideology or faith is directly leading to oppression and if only we could get rid of it we'd be fine is irresponsible.

But that is exactly what is going on here. These people are pointing directly to your holy book and hadiths as justification. These Saudi dudes see themselves as protectors of your faith, and to them you aren't following Islam as intended.

All governments exercise a controlling mechanism of sorts to deny freedom, but what I find troubling is when a person sources something they believe to be the explicit word of the Creator of Existence. This is very dangerous.

You can talk someone out of communism and capitalism because we know those things to be man made. It's much more different when they think they are following an actual god's demands.

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
But that is exactly what is going on here. These people are pointing directly to your holy book and hadiths as justification. These Saudi dudes see themselves as protectors of your faith, and to them you aren't following Islam as intended.

All governments exercise a controlling mechanism of sorts to deny freedom, but what I find troubling is when a person sources something they believe to be the explicit word of the Creator of Existence. This is very dangerous.

You can talk someone out of communism and capitalism because we know those things to be man made. It's much more different when they think they are following an actual god's demands.

These Saudi dudes can see themselves as whatever they want... what matters is action.

Which do you honestly think is more plausible?

1. These people are really religious fanatics and they seek to create a perfect religious state where they can push their religious view and ideology.

2. They are using religious oppression to tighten their grip on the immense oil wealth that they have amassed and the plutarchy.

If you feel it is the former, then I honestly think that you are not so good at seeing intentions in actions.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
These Saudi dudes can see themselves as whatever they want... what matters is action.

Which do you honestly think is more plausible?

1. These people are really religious fanatics and they seek to create a perfect religious state where they can push their religious view and ideology.

2. They are using religious oppression to tighten their grip on the immense oil wealth that they have amassed and the plutarchy.

If you feel it is the former, then I honestly think that you are not so good at seeing intentions in actions.

Is there a reason it can't be a bit of both? The Saudi Royal family doesn't give a fukk about Islam, we all know this. Yet, they still go out of their way to appease a very vocal and significant religious demographic. This isn't my opinion by the way, this is coming from people FROM Saudi Arabia. People I know currently in the US studying.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

When all else fails blame America and everyone else under the sun this guys is one of the most intentionally intellectually dishonest people who posts here.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
Also @BrokeWave, you conveniently forget about the actions taken by tribal members at local levels involving religion. It's not all about government control.