"Save The Last Dance" Is a Classic High School Movie Now That Im Older

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dangerous Minds meets You Got Served :dead:

Na man Im betting this movie would be worse watching it now than when I watched it back then..

Here's a better High School movie with Fredro :smugdraper:

There was like 500 movies made in the 90's with the white adult swooping in to save the young and under privileged inner city kids. You would've thought there was an epidemic of entitled white people invading lower income urban areas to teach them the right path :russ:

Last edited:
Daps
Kerry-Washington-found-her-Save-Last-Dance-costar-Julia-Stiles.png

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
This is a bad movie lol....but if you want Julia Stiles in a romance a little more tragic, watch 'O' from 2000.....However, 'Save The Last Dance', was a big movie at the time, and totally reflects fashion, culture, of the early 2000's. It's really the last of the late 90's styled hip hop movies. Remember 'Light It Up with Usher from 99?

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is a bad movie lol....but if you want Julia Stiles in a romance a little more tragic, watch 'O' from 2000.....However, 'Save The Last Dance', was a big movie at the time, and totally reflects fashion, culture, of the early 2000's. It's really the last of the late 90's styled hip hop movies. Remember 'Light It Up with Usher from 99?
I honestly can't think of one that I actually thought was good from that era.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
They weren't good...but they were fun in that era, I'd imagine anyone in this thread is 26 plus, I'm 31, and this was so much a part of childhood....These are the kind of movies you saw with girls for some of the first times, or with your homies, walking the mall afterward trying to get numbers, looking at the chains you couldn't afford in the lil silver shop....The soundtracks and previews, how these movies captured parts of an era is what's memorable, as movies they are cliched, hackneyed, insulting at their worst, but they are pieces of an era. 'O' is a great movie though, that's easily the best of this loose category of films, though it's not exactly one of them. We need a list of all these movies.

Daps
I saw "O" but forgot about it

I guess thats what i was trying to say. This movie was the last of the baggy jean hip hop 00's era.

I watched this movie earlier like :to: