"Save The Last Dance" Is a Classic High School Movie Now That Im Older

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They weren't good...but they were fun in that era, I'd imagine anyone in this thread is 26 plus, I'm 31, and this was so much a part of childhood....These are the kind of movies you saw with girls for some of the first times, or with your homies, walking the mall afterward trying to get numbers, looking at the chains you couldn't afford in the lil silver shop....The soundtracks and previews, how these movies captured parts of an era is what's memorable, as movies they are cliched, hackneyed, insulting at their worst, but they are pieces of an era. 'O' is a great movie though, that's easily the best of this loose category of films, though it's not exactly one of them. We need a list of all these movies.
Even back then I saw them as 'girl' movies. The only time I watched one all the way was if I was at my girl's house.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I'd agree with 'Save The Last Dance', I didn't see that in theaters, and have only really caught bits and pieces, but movies like 'Light It Up', and probably a dozen other movies in like 98-2003, are all part of what I was describing.

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment

No cell phones

No facebook or Twitter

Just classic hip hop and r&b music all in the movie

Baggy jean swag, Fredro Star was a goon

Julia Stiles :ohlawd:

Black Dude was 28 playing a teenager :russ:

I miss my childhood :to:

I saw Sean Patrick Thomas in a Walgreens once. Nikka was a complete dikkhead. Acting like he was Will Smith. I wasn't even trying to bother dude like that, just gave him a wassup and dude was on some dumb shyt. fukk that guy.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Dangerous Minds meets You Got Served :dead:

Na man Im betting this movie would be worse watching it was than when I watched it back then..

Here's a better High School movie with Fredro :smugdraper:

There was like 500 movies made in the 90's with the white adult swooping in to save the young and under privileged inner city kids. You would've thought there was an epidemic of entitled white people invading lower income urban areas to teach them the right path :russ:

:deadmanny:

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Why everyone in here talking about this movie was the last of baggy jeans era? This movie came out in 2001? Step up with Channing Tatum came out in 2006