Say old brehs, how good was Drew Bledsoe really?

OnlyOneBoss

Superstar
Daps
Respectfully

But when Brady took over I was 4 or 5 I think so I didn’t see him.

I look at online convos and some folks say he was top 5/10 at the time

Other folks say the Patriots needed a new QB and Bledsoe wasn’t that guy.

I look at his stats and he definitely wasn’t trash though. Top 20 all time yards

Right outside top 20 in TDs…13 year career

As a younger breh the closest dudes I can compare him to would be Stafford/Cousins. Would y’all say that’s about where he’s at?

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
From what ive watched, researched, and been told from old heads: He was good in the 90s, genuine top 10 QB in his hey day

But he started to really struggle around the turn of the decade

99, 2000

He was ass those years. running back Curtis Martin left, his Tight end Ben Coates declined left.

This made Bledsoe's flaws harder to cover up (statue in the pocket, holding onto the ball too long, being too aggressive downfield, bad poise)

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
he was a prototypical QB for his era
big strong arm, big size :dame: not particularly super accurate. obviously a statue.

him and Favre came into the league around the same exact time, and Favre kinda took that formula to much higher level
hed be in top 5-10 QBs in those 94 to 2000 seasons but never really could string it together for a prolonged time

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
New York City
From what ive watched, researched, and been told from old heads: He was good in the 90s, genuine top 10 QB in his hey day

But he started to really struggle around the turn of the decade

99, 2000

He was ass those years. running back Curtis Martin left, his Tight end Ben Coates declined left.

This made Bledsoe's flaws harder to cover up (statue in the pocket, holding onto the ball too long, being too aggressive downfield, bad poise)
Curtis Martin was on the Patriots!? :ohhh: I legit thought he was on the Jets his entire career :russ:

I'm 32 and didn't start watching football until the early 2000s.