Scarlett Johannsson on Black Widow movie, WM appearance, timing

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
While Marvel has delayed their first female-headlining superhero film in Captain Marvel, many fans question why a Black Widow solo film isn’t in the works.

Actor Scarlett Johansson talked about the obstacles in the way, revealing that she is very much up for an individual film in the Avengers franchise… with a couple of caveats.

While speaking with Total Film about her new role in Ghost in the Shell, she said she’s spoken with Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige about the possibility.

“We’re creatively really compatible,” Johansson said about the producer. “I think we both agree that the character is right for a standalone, it’s just a case of timing at this point for both Marvel and myself.”

Marvel’s slate usually keeps the company producing three films per year, and they’ve already announced their ambitious plans stretching to 2019. The aforementioned Captain Marvel film had been delayed twice, once after Sony’s deal brought Spider-Man to the MCU and again after the success and subsequent sequel announcement of Ant-Man.

“Marvel has a really huge roster,” Johansson said. “They’re looking four years ahead. I also have a lot of things that I want to do.”

But she didn’t squash all hope.

“If I did it, I would dedicate myself completely to making it amazing,” she said. “It would have to be the best version that movie could possibly be. Otherwise, I would never do it.”

But there are a few ways it could be done, she added, “It’d have to be done the right way, though. It’d really have to be its own standalone and its own style and its own story. But there’s a lot of great stuff that you could do with it. It could just be awesome.”

Scarlett Johansson’s Black Widow is anticipated to return for Avengers: Infinity War, currently filming.
I think she forgot the fact nobody is asking for this :beli:

Hrcules

ayyy
Daps
Yea she ruined the avangers movies and iron man 2/3

fukk scarlet i hate that bytch i cant enjoy anything shes in

Most overrated Actress oat

She does nothing for me lookis wise either

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I think she forgot the fact nobody is asking for this :beli:

Wrong. She and Kevin Feige literally get asked about a solo BW movie every single press junket whenever a Marvel movie is doing publicity. It could be a Captain America movie or a Thor movie, and someone in the audience will stop the flow of questions to ask about a BW movie. I think y'all forget that most of Marvel's new fanbase is made up of women and that 52% of movie going audiences are women. Trust, there's interest.

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
Wrong. She and Kevin Feige literally get asked about a solo BW movie every single press junket whenever a Marvel movie is doing publicity. It could be a Captain America movie or a Thor movie, and someone in the audience will stop the flow of questions to ask about a BW movie. I think y'all forget that most of Marvel's new fanbase is made up of women and that 52% of movie going audiences are women. Trust, there's interest.
what else is there really to ask her when it comes to these things...

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Word

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
stop it. stop it right now.

Lol breh just because you don't want the movie doesn't mean no one else does. Shyt I wasn't asking for a doc strange movie but they gave me one and I'm glad they did. Clearly there's an audience for the movie if people are asking. That's how film journalism especially works. They aren't going to ask questions their readers aren't concerned about. Look beyond yourself for a second homie

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
If Ghost In The Shell is a box office success it has to happen. Marvel already played dumb when ScarJo carried stupid-ass Lucy to $400+ million worldwide, if she pulls it off again then Marvel will start to look real funny for not making a Black Widow movie, especially since people have been asking for it despite of what some folks tell themselves.