School a nikka with good credit on buying New/Used..

Gilly

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
707 & 813
so i bought my first whip back in 2010 brand new off the lot on some dumb nikka shyt when i was fresh in the military for 19k :stopitslime:

fast forward to 2014 and I'm sitting on about 25k miles.. KBB trade in value is around 11/12k, and i only owe 9 :ehh:.. went to get an oil change a couple weeks back and these nikkas said i need new tires.. ALL 4 :wow:

so instead of buying tires for this car i don't want, i applied through my bank (USAA) and got instantly approved for 30k with a 4.25 apr :banderas:

now with all these incentives usaa be given nikkas i used their car buying service to build a brand new 2013 camaro 1LT with all the options i wanted and the estimated dealer price came to about 25k... then when i sell my current car back to the dealer and throw them 2/3 stacks back into the loan:ahh:..

so my brehs please explain why nikkas say its always better to buy used.. because doing a quick search the only shyt i can find for 25k is :shaq2: and 6 year old whips :heh:

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Well the 2014 Camaro's are out, so you're buying a leftover 2013. Much easier to negotiate(I'd kick the shyt of that salesman), and really not worth looking for a used one at that point.

However I'd go used if you wanted to step up to an SS, a few years older, for the same price as your 1LT.

Gilly

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
707 & 813
Well the 2014 Camaro's are out, so you're buying a leftover 2013. Much easier to negotiate(I'd kick the shyt of that salesman), and really not worth looking for a used one at that point.

However I'd go used if you wanted to step up to an SS, a few years older, for the same price as your 1LT.

good looks :salute:

im gonna look into an older SS and see.. i told my homie i was thinking bout cop pin a camaro and the first thing asked was if i was getting a SS

also with that usaa car buying service they pretty much have to honor that price or i walk.. thats how I've helped other people buy cars.. 4k off MSRP is :ohlawd:.. sometimes they be like HELL YEA we'll honor this (which has me like:childplease:) because if it was that easy i could of talked em down lower but its too late at that point

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
so i bought my first whip back in 2010 brand new off the lot on some dumb nikka shyt when i was fresh in the military for 19k

fast forward to 2014 and I'm sitting on about 25k miles.. KBB trade in value is around 11/12k, and i only owe 9 .. went to get an oil change a couple weeks back and these nikkas said i need new tires.. ALL 4

so instead of buying tires for this car i don't want, i applied through my bank (USAA) and got instantly approved for 30k with a 4.25 apr

now with all these incentives usaa be given nikkas i used their car buying service to build a brand new 2013 camaro 1LT with all the options i wanted and the estimated dealer price came to about 25k... then when i sell my current car back to the dealer and throw them 2/3 stacks back into the loan..

so my brehs please explain why nikkas say its always better to buy used.. because doing a quick search the only shyt i can find for 25k is and 6 year old whips
Okay. so you bought a new vehicle in 2010 for 19,000.
In 2014, you have driven about 8,000+ miles per year for a total of 25,000-ish miles. KBB lists the book value at 11,000/12,000 and you still owe $9,000. If you look at it like that, your vehicle has depreciated about $7,000 to $8,000 in three years. If you wanted to buy the same car now, it would cost you $11,000/12,000. With 25,000 miles, it would be a pretty good buy. That's why it is better to buy used than new.
If the estimated dealer price is $25,000, they aren't going to budge on the selling price and they are going to low-ball you on the trade-in value. Find a butt plug, double the width and jam it in because that's what you are basically doing to yourself. You are probably going to be looking at an additional 4 to 6 thousand in cash.
If you really have a hard-on to get the Camaro, sell your car on your own. With cash + loan in hand, you can haggle lower than trade-in + cash + loan.

Regarding the tire change, check you own tires. Get a penny. Turn it upside down and view the head/face side, and put it in the grooves of the tires. If you can see the head of Lincoln, then you need a new tire. At this point, your tire is more susceptible to hydroplaning. Four new tires will cost you less than a new car in the long run.

Gilly

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
707 & 813
Okay. so you bought a new vehicle in 2010 for 19,000.
In 2014, you have driven about 8,000+ miles per year for a total of 25,000-ish miles. KBB lists the book value at 11,000/12,000 and you still owe $9,000. If you look at it like that, your vehicle has depreciated about $7,000 to $8,000 in three years. If you wanted to buy the same car now, it would cost you $11,000/12,000. With 25,000 miles, it would be a pretty good buy. That's why it is better to buy used than new.
If the estimated dealer price is $25,000, they aren't going to budge on the selling price and they are going to low-ball you on the trade-in value. Find a butt plug, double the width and jam it in because that's what you are basically doing to yourself. You are probably going to be looking at an additional 4 to 6 thousand in cash.
If you really have a hard-on to get the Camaro, sell your car on your own. With cash + loan in hand, you can haggle lower than trade-in + cash + loan.

Regarding the tire change, check you own tires. Get a penny. Turn it upside down and view the head/face side, and put it in the grooves of the tires. If you can see the head of Lincoln, then you need a new tire. At this point, your tire is more susceptible to hydroplaning. Four new tires will cost you less than a new car in the long run.

thx for the info breh, i figured all cars depreciate so my mindset was that if I'm not upside down on my loan I'm straight :manny:

me buying a new camaro for 25-26k which i think is a decent price :manny: i should be able to turn around in 3 to 4 years and be in the same position i am now.. that was my thoughts :patrice:

if i buy a used 25k 2011 camaro SS, 4 years from now that shyt 7 years old and worth 10 racks (not really but u get my drift) :beli:

so with a 25k budget just about what would you all cop, I'm all ears

:blessed:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
thx for the info breh, i figured all cars depreciate so my mindset was that if I'm not upside down on my loan I'm straight
me buying a new camaro for 25-26k which i think is a decent price i should be able to turn around in 3 to 4 years and be in the same position i am now.. that was my thoughts

if i buy a used 25k 2011 camaro SS, 4 years from now that shyt 7 years old and worth 10 racks (not really but u get my drift)

so with a 25k budget just about what would you all cop, I'm all ears
If you are constantly financing thousands of dollars for a new car, then you are "losing" money through both depreciation and interest.
You want to be in a position where you aren't loaning money. If you have money outright and buy a car without a loan, you are paying the bank $0 interest. Then, your only loss is through depreciation.
My suggestion is that you keep your car until you pay off the loan. Pay off the loan early if you can. That decreases your total loan interest payment to the bank. Then, keep your car and maintain it. After the loan payments end, put the monthly loan amount you would have paid into a savings account. Build your equity.

Gilly

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
707 & 813
:ufdup:

you're shyt gonna look old and outdated by next year, hell the old body styles already look :flabbynsick:

i bought a 2010 in 2010 and them them nikkas dropped a new model 6 months later :stopitslime:.. either way it didnt really matter to me as long as i feel i got a good deal and was cool with the purchase..:yeshrug:

Gilly

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
707 & 813
What are you must haves? Coupe or 4 door, god mileage, sporty?

i got a coupe now wouldnt mind another (dont like nikkas in my back seat) trying to keep my budget around 25k-27k after taxes, and all that fukkery.. new or used dont matter much to me as long as its sub 30k miles :yeshrug: and newer than 2010:yeshrug:

im in Tampa and cant find shyt but i guess i aint lookin hard enough

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
i got a coupe now wouldnt mind another (dont like nikkas in my back seat) trying to keep my budget around 25k-27k after taxes, and all that fukkery.. new or used dont matter much to me as long as its sub 30k miles :yeshrug: and newer than 2010:yeshrug:

im in Tampa and cant find shyt but i guess i aint lookin hard enough
g35/g37

:eat:

PimpHandStrong

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Decatur where its greater