Schoolboy Q tells Rosenberg that Kendrick Lamar put Oxymoron together

MINT

All Star
Daps

“He’s the reason why I took so long on my album. If it was up to Interscope my album would have been out last summer,” said Q. “I wanted to perfect my stuff, because I didn’t think it was wrapped. I always felt like it was missing three records.”

Q is confident in the quality of own LP, even comparing it to Snoop Dogg’s classic debut album Doggystyle, but the “Man of the Year” rapper also admits he analyzed Kendrick’s good kid, m.A.A.d. city album as he crafted his own work.

Q also reveals that Kendrick Lamar put Oxymoron together.

MINT

All Star
Daps
At this point I wouldn' t be surprised if the other cats ghostwrote that shyt :stopitslime:

AlldayNE

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
smh it's not like he said he wrote the album, in the interview he said he had songs from 2012 that were added to the album

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
“He’s the reason why I took so long on my album. If it was up to Interscope my album would have been out last summer,” said Q. “I wanted to perfect my stuff, because I didn’t think it was wrapped. I always felt like it was missing three records.”

Sounds like something from the Rapper Stereotypical Interview thread :laugh:

MINT

All Star
Daps
nothing new, Kendrick also sequenced Setbacks and H&C too

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have a feeling peoplle are really gonna fukk wit this album

the thing about Q. imo. he makes music that's more easily accessible than kendrick. more conventional, but not in a bad way. his hits SOUND like hits.

MINT

All Star
Daps
the thing about Q. imo. he makes music that's more easily accessible than kendrick. more conventional, but not in a bad way. his hits SOUND like hits.

kendrick definitely has a bigger appeal, Kendrick has always been the "biggest" in tde, even when they were all indie.

Even though his music is very generic, I don't think Q can go gold

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
His concepts are way more sneaky as well

exactly. oxymoron is the perfect title. cause Q clearly does not give a fukk with some of the things he does musically.

that's kind of what makes his sound unique.

cause at the same time... being seen as one of the best clearly matters to him. he doesnt cut corners or dumb it down. he just... doesnt give a fukk. lol.

MINT

All Star
Daps

He definitely won't., he makes music that a lot of other rappers can make, he isn't original or specialthat's pretty much the reason why people call him the weakest link of tde.

Q is basically a poor man's asap rocky

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
kendrick definitely has a bigger appeal, Kendrick has always been the "biggest" in tde, even when they were all indie.

no one's debating kendrick's appeal, or his status.

but kendrick's music represents a very unconventional approach. it works for kendrick because he's made that a part of his appeal.

q's music... especially his hits. they're much easier to consume.

that doesnt make him better. it also doesnt make his music generic.