Schuye LaRue: How mental illness derailed future WNBA star

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
If she was white she would of used white privilege and some dude would of saved her.

Rosecrans

CPT
Supporter
Daps
Breh, that shyt tore me up. Especially the part at the end when she was asking about that money, awakened out of her sleep among the pigeons. :mjcry:

I read somewhere that her brother got murdered and that's what caused the downward spiral.

Sometimes, all it takes is trauma to turn your life upside down forever.

The worst of it was the cac justice system deeming her fit to stand trial when its obvious she needs a forced medical intervention :smh:

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
The worst of it was the cac justice system deeming her fit to stand trial when its obvious she needs a forced medical intervention :smh:

That's what happens to a lot of our people. They just shove them into the prisons.

When, in reality, a lot of them are dealing with unaddressed mental problems.

Rosecrans

CPT
Supporter
Daps
That's what happens to a lot of our people. They just shove them into the prisons.

When, in reality, a lot of them are dealing with unaddressed mental problems.

We gotta be fightin for our people instead of fighting each other b/c we know...

Last edited:

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Remember her playing for UVA years ago. Knew she had the talent to excel in the WNBA but didn't know about all the mental issues till a couple of years ago.

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
I understand.... but did you see all the homeless black men she was standing 10ft back from asking where she was?.... black male homelessness needs attention

When I posted that, It wasn't a good time, but, you're right.

I'm listening to people break down Aziz Azaria's alleged sex scandal and I'm like "Yo, Hollywood needs to burn. Making billions to do nothing good for the world, really"

I didn't realize that Skid Row had a sizeable Black male population. I always thought about white people think about that area of the country.

Right there in LA. And anybody wants to talk about is how bad women have it because they can't make millions like white men. And it's as if Black men have a play in it.