Scott Pilgrim vs. the world is the only movie that made me wish I was a cac :wow:

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
Scott definitely lost and made the wrong choice.

...when he should've made the WONG choice. :skip:

giphy.gif

Vaulkner

Banned
Daps
Cause it was a great movie :banderas:

:rudy:

For a teenager maybe, but i wouldnt even recommend this to my daughter. Come on now by 2010 everyone should have known that you need at least one person of color in your movie if its to have any kind of social significance. Any one of the band members would have been fine. My friend who showed it to me (who's white ofc) was trying to defend it like, b-b-b-b they had an asian, and then the twins were asian, they had minorities..

:stopitslime:

I'm like well first of all, asian-americans are the most whitewashed of all minorities, and its reinforced here by having knives literally fiending for ceras moist ass the entire movie, secondly, yellow is in the brighter half of the color spectrum so they blend in with the all white cast better then, say perhaps, a nikka. and thirdly, after looking the wikipedia page the creator of the comic had this to say:

In June 2013, Scott Pilgrim creator Bryan Lee O'Malley, who is of Korean and white Canadian parentage, stated that he regretted the fact that the film's cast was predominantly white, and that there were not enough roles for minorities.

that sealed the deal, the movie is *OFFICIALLY* a part of the :mjpls: movement, and the coli has let me down by not having a mjpls + cera haircut smiley on deck just for the occasion.

:upsetfavre:

Knives could get it though :mjlit:

Last edited:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
:rudy:

For a teenager maybe, but i wouldnt even recommend this to my daughter. Come on now by 2010 everyone should have known that you need at least one person of color in your movie if its to have any kind of social significance. Any one of the band members would have been fine. My friend who showed it to me (who's white ofc) was trying to defend it like, b-b-b-b they had an asian, and then the twins were asian, they had minorities..

:stopitslime:

I'm like well first of all, asian-americans are the most whitewashed of all minorities, and its reinforced here by having knives literally fiending for ceras moist ass the entire movie, secondly, yellow is in the brighter half of the color spectrum so they blend in with the all white cast better then, say perhaps, a nikka. and thirdly, after looking the wikipedia page the creator of the comic had this to say:

In June 2013, Scott Pilgrim creator Bryan Lee O'Malley, who is of Korean and white Canadian parentage, stated that he regretted the fact that the film's cast was predominantly white, and that there were not enough roles for minorities.

that sealed the deal, the movie is *OFFICIALLY* a part of the :mjpls: movement, and the coli has let me down by not having a mjpls + cera haircut smiley on deck just for the occasion.

:upsetfavre:

Knives could get it though :mjlit:
She's asian in the comics, were they supposed to change that or something? :heh:

That said, different strokes, breh. The fact that it didn't have a black character didn't ruin the movie for me :yeshrug:

Last edited: