KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
damn.gif

:russ:

Yeah that's fukked up.....mane that would be my reaction too...

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
Scranton's a dump. Highest taxes in the state and they still cant keep the lights on.

It's impossible to budget for defined pension plans as we've seen...they end up bankrupting cities.

Economics

There is always tradeoffs
Daps
The financing schemes of how state and local governments operate has to change. There was another thread where we were talking about the bankruptcy of multiple municipalities, these types of stories will continue.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
unions have this country by the nuts. we cant afford to keep paying these people 75% pensions for the rest of their lives after they retire but no one has the balls to come out and say it. especially teachers. so u work ur whole career with tenure after three years, full benefits for u and the family, and then retire makin 50 gs a year for doin nothing?

:snoop:
You dont even know what youre talking about
how are they gonna pay their mortgage ,groceries ,pussay(aint free) day care ,water ,electric & gas

This is where the problem lies

Especially since people spend based on what they make and will make

I respect him cutting his own wage as well

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
They killing them in NY, so many of these government employees are making 250k. This article got examples of 4 or 5 people who are making 6 figures.

NY-NJ bridge policeman earns $221,000 - Yahoo! News
One of my boys is a banker for Chase out on LI

He took the exam to be NYPD. They make 100,000 after 5 years. I told him it's not really worth it cause he's white and they're gonna stick him in ENY/Brownsville or The far corners of the Stuy where gentrification has'nt taken root yet and they're gonna eat him alive.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
I respect him cutting his own wage as well

Yeah that actually shocked me...I think the first wage cuts should always be those from the legislature. Kind of like the reverse to a captain and a sinking cruise ship

It's impossible to budget for defined pension plans as we've seen...they end up bankrupting cities.

nah trip, you need to listen to econ right here....

The financing schemes of how state and local governments operate has to change. There was another thread where we were talking about the bankruptcy of multiple municipalities, these types of stories will continue.

Exactly. The elephant in the room everyone is ignoring, is that a lot of these state/local governments had horrible HORRIBLE interest rate arrangements and got killed by the financial collapse. I remember reading an article about Indianapolis the week of the super bowl. Folks were mad about the cost of hosting the super bowl. Turns out the reason the were in financial straits is because they made poor financial decisions on the market.

Any type of complicated math/economics situation gets thrown in the bushes by our media and our politicians

I'd love to see just one report, just one, on one single state from 1999-2011, where each local government is graded upon their financial preparation and fiscal responsibility.

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
please there is no education needed to be a cop, reg ol constables should be making like 15 a hour imo

loss of life? there are hundreds more jobs dangerous than being a cop or a firefighter, like owning a gas station, working in a convenience store, mines, army etc.

Takes a lot of balls to risk your life every day. Just sit your ass down. Its not like they're patrolling your neighborhood of mini mansions.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
One of my boys is a banker for Chase out on LI

He took the exam to be NYPD. They make 100,000 after 5 years. I told him it's not really worth it cause he's white and they're gonna stick him in ENY/Brownsville or The far corners of the Stuy where gentrification has'nt taken root yet and they're gonna eat him alive.

Benefits & Salary Overview | NYPDRECRUIT.COM

No, they don't. Do the research man. :stopitslime:

And why the fukk should a constable get paid $15 an hour, while a banker gets 500K per year?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Takes a lot of balls to risk your life every day. Just sit your ass down. Its not like they're patrolling your neighborhood of mini mansions.

Your more likely to get killed driving to work in a car accident than a cop getting killed in the line of duty.

Cops are overpaid
Many small communities just have volunteer firefighters.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
If government employees are paid their salaries from taxes and gasp taxes are lower due to a high unemployment rate and a declining population why shouldn't their salaries be slashed?

Need o go back to the old days when deputies volunteered I say

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Lots of ignorance in this thread. In the private markets what guides wages is your value to a company and how rare your ability is and what kind of revenue you as an asset provide. Forget what you feel needs to be paid its what the market guides. It's why a pro athlete will make millions and a private school teacher not so much.

Now I personally believe paying those who put their lives in danger should be a priority for the city to find good workers however due to bad finances most likely due to bad government programs cops and firefighters are going to lose some of their wages. Government unions should be abolished since they rely on the taxpayer they take advantage of not caring that their branch doesnt need to sell a service or make revenue to stay open so eventually they put these branches in these positions because it's ludicrous to pay someone 50gs a year for being retired! Let them save their own money and invest in their own retirement with a good wage, by cutting other unnecessary government freebies.

Remember the primary function of government set by the founders was to protect its citizens and uphold the law private markets cannot do that for many reasons as many people wouldn't want to contribute to things like maintaining the streets and law and order and it would be almost be a vigilante like society where people would get beat and murdered off of he said she said situations.

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
Your more likely to get killed driving to work in a car accident than a cop getting killed in the line of duty.

Cops are overpaid
Many small communities just have volunteer firefighters.

The job is about more then being killed. Every day you have the potential to deal with very traumatizing scenes. Murders, suicides, assaults, rapes, the obligation to chase people who may or may not have a weapon, traffic stops with people who may or may not have a weapon. Stop it. There is a reason so many turn to alcohol and suicide. Its not because the job is easy. You live comfortably right now because police do their job by protecting the rich. If it werent for cops, the poor would have eaten you alive by now. But the people who keep the wolves at the gate are the people you should pay like trash? You're out of your mind.