Sea of Thieves XB1 [Rare] - Meach handing out free fades, enter with caution

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
That's absolutely not true. Don't know what you've seen.

It doesn't have traditional RPG progression or loot. People expecting that are disappointed. But that's not what this game is.
I guess almost every single review Is wrong then :yeshrug:

It’s got a 67 on metacritic and a 5.8 user score and almost everything is complaining that there’s simply not much to actually do. No enemy variety, no mission variety,empty world.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I guess almost every single review Is wrong then :yeshrug:

It’s got a 67 on metacritic and a 5.8 user score and almost everything is complaining that there’s simply not much to actually do. No enemy variety, no mission variety,empty world.
Only has 6 reviews on metacritic. It only came out 2 days ago and is a game built for people to play socially for a long time.

And again people have equated "things to do" with collecting weapons and upgrading stats.

The people who are in for sandbox fun with their friends like the game. The people expecting a MMO/RPG are disappointed.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
There's not even things to do outside of progression - that's an even bigger issue.

I'm looking at the quest types and enemies and.... they can't be serious on this one :francis: they HAD to know this wasn't enough.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Only has 6 reviews on metacritic. It only came out 2 days ago and is a game built for people to play socially for a long time.

And again people have equated "things to do" with collecting weapons and upgrading stats.

The people who are in for sandbox fun with their friends like the game. The people expecting a MMO/RPG are disappointed.
It has a bunch more in progress reviews,and they aren’t good.

Sorry but you were always going to cape for this game no matter what.

It being built to play for a long time is pretty much the opposite of what’s there content wise. Maybe that changes and it turns around in the coming months but this is being compared to no many’s sky and being compared unfavourably to the destiny 1 launch. You can pretend the word of mouth is different right now but I can read with my own two eyes.:yeshrug:

Like I said I’ll keep an eye on it and see how rare supports it maybe they turn it around. To pretend this launch is going well and people are happy is a farce though.

Here’s the excerpt from an in progress review

“The problem is that Sea of Thieves is not a complete game. It just isn’t. It’s maybe 5 or 10% of one, but given what other open world/co-op games can offer you for $60, it’s just astonishing how little Sea of Thieves offers.”

The narrative you’re trying to push isn’t aligned with reality.:yeshrug:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps

It being built to play for a long time is pretty much the opposite of what’s there content wise. Maybe that changes and it turns around in the coming months but this is being compared to no many’s sky and being compared unfavourably to the destiny 1 launch. You can pretend the word of mouth is different right now but I can read with my own two eyes.:yeshrug:

Like I said I’ll keep an eye on it and see how rare supports it maybe they turn it around. To pretend this launch is going well and people are happy is a farce though.

“The problem is that Sea of Thieves is not a complete game. It just isn’t. It’s maybe 5 or 10% of one, but given what other open world/co-op games can offer you for $60, it’s just astonishing how little Sea of Thieves offers.”

I don’t know why you are even bothering trying to rationally explain this to Meach. The nikka said in a fortnite thread that he doesn’t care or respect others opinions when someone posted a YT vid

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

Pretty much sounds like No Man's Sky which was also butchered on sight :hubie:
If I recall correctly, you gave Monster Hunter hell for being a slow burner. We joked about having to "grind to the fun".
You definitely understand that most people aren't the least bit interested in peeling back endless layers of mediocrity before getting to the small fun aspects of a game.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
If I recall correctly, you gave Monster Hunter hell for being a slow burner. We joked about having to "grind to the fun".
You definitely understand that most people aren't the least bit interested in peeling back endless layers of mediocrity before getting to the small fun aspects of a game.
On the plus side of the no mans sky comparison apparently they’ve done a fantastic job of updating and evolving that game since launch and it’s actually a decent game now.

And as we’ve seen with games like rainbow six,destiny,drive club, etc a weak launch doesn’t condemn a game as long as the studio puts in the work.

So no reason rare can’t do the same. I’m rooting for them. Rare is an intrinsic part of my gaming history and I’ll always want them to do well.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
On the plus side of the no mans sky comparison apparently they’ve done a fantastic job of updating and evolving that game since launch and it’s actually a decent game now.

And as we’ve seen with games like rainbow six,destiny,drive club, etc a weak launch doesn’t condemn a game as long as the studio puts in the work.

So no reason rare can’t do the same. I’m rooting for them. Rare is an intrinsic part of my gaming history and I’ll always want them to do well.
The reason rare can't do the same is because Rare is a garbage tier developer at this point. It took them all this time to deliver THIS. Like...the fukk

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Nah, as a person that's played both no.

No mans Sky Promissed the world and delivered a very different game.

SOT delivered exactly what they promised.

And I said nothing about this game being a "slow burner" in fact it's the exact opposite of something like monster hunter or destiny. You aren't grinding to the fun. There is no grind. The fun is in the moment to moment gameplay and interaction with other players.

There's no "endgame" to strive for, or "real weapons/armor" or stats to grind to. The draw is simply playing in the sandbox with friends. The "progression" is getting better at using the mechanics you are given.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

I have not capped for anything. I already said the game isn't for me.

Conversely y'all were just waiting to trash the game. Without playing or trying to understand what it is.

If someone took mincraft, PUBG, roblox, gta online, etc etc, and reviewed them day one, they would not get good reviews, yet those are some of the most played games with lasting communities cause people like to play them with friends and just fukk around. SOT is aimed at those people.
I don’t know why you are even bothering trying to rationally explain this to Meach. The nikka said in a fortnite thread that he doesn’t care or respect others opinions when someone posted a YT vid
No, fukk off fakkit.

I said i respect opinions from the person I'm talking to. Don't post no video of someone else's opinion. You explain your position to me yourself.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
No, fukk off fakkit.

I said i respect opinions from the person I'm talking to. Don't post no video of someone else's opinion. You explain your position to me yourself.

:picard:This ether just earned a place on my coli sig.

Last edited:

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
Reading some of them reviews are hilarious. Straight shytting on this joint.

"Jack of many trades, master of none. Sea of Thieves has a beautiful, wide ocean to explore. It's too bad that it feels about as deep as a puddle." :picard:

"Microsoft should be ashamed of itself for daring to sell this game at full price. Xbox players deserve better." :sas1:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
No, fukk off fakkit.

And you clearly do not. Which is the exact reason why dude posted the video. And others can vouch for that because all you do is argue with nikkas on here for years. Hence the WOAT tag. I see the truth hurts judging by this fury. nikkas in here posting opinions on players from around the web and typical Reach fashion you go nope not true. Like the equally delusional dust mite court you probably don’t even have this :mjlol: