SEC Lays the Hammer on Mississippi: Update - MS Gov Signing Bill to Remove Confederate Emblem

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Even Ole Miss just recently got rid of the Rebels team name.

They still have a lot more work to do with reinventing their image....they need to get rid of any and all imagery and namesakes associated with the confederacy.

They do breh its just that state does not care. Also back in the day ole miss use to fly that flag during game day. Even in the 90s the fans would pack the stadium and have the little hand flags. Ole miss got tired of the push back from outside of the state and tried to ban it. But the fans weren't hearing it. So they out in a rule that you couldn't have a flag on a stick. That way folks couldn't wave the tiny rebel flags on game day.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
nikka should pop up behind him like Goblin did Aunt May as soon as he picks up that pen to sign.

eV5d1j.gif

PessimisticIgnorantElk-size_restricted.gif

"FINISH IT!" :damn:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think that's what's happening after they remove the confed emblem.

Yeah they will....they gonna keep the stars. Its still big because I never thought I would see the day they took down that racist flag.

I mean folks on here just don't understand how much money and jobs these Mississippi racists and politicians have fukked the state out of over that flag.

They have literally turn down plants from Toyota and Hyundai and other companies over that flag. Like they literally turned down thousands of jobs cause they didn't want to take down that flag. So instead of helping to get their population out of poverty they rather keep the flag up...ignorant racist shyt man.

invalid

Banned
Daps
They do breh its just that state does not care. Also back in the day ole miss use to fly that flag during game day. Even in the 90s the fans would pack the stadium and have the little hand flags. Ole miss got tired of the push back from outside of the state and tried to ban it. But the fans weren't hearing it. So they out in a rule that you couldn't have a flag on a stick. That way folks couldn't wave the tiny rebel flags on game day.

We need to stop playing and call this shyt what it is...a cult. :scust:

2ef6c5be9ffd7f3e7bb2009623508739.jpg

TKfbnUDdj9s9VT5y5Kc8LKN7GoMXn39G6Y90WgL_u_U.jpg

75496201f28f61f4c7cb5bcde742506d.jpg

invalid

Banned
Daps
Its still big because I never thought I would see the day they took down that racist flag.

I knew how ingrained that flag was in the psyches of white Mississippians. I didn't know it was to that level where they would kill their own economic development because of it. That's absolutely psychotic.

The move caught a lot of people by surprise.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I knew how ingrained that flag was in the psyches of white Mississippians. I didn't know it was to that level where they would kill their own economic development because of it. That's absolutely psychotic.

The move caught a lot of people by surprise.

Good post aunjanue been fighting to take down the flag for years.

But yeah its crazy how they have been fighting this for so long. Covid also helped this situation out because the state is hurting. So the last thing they needed was conventions and other things pulling out. I heard that even entertainers were saying they would pull out of performing there as well. But it don't matter whatever pressure was applied I am glad it made them clean their act.

I also am wondering how the white population will react. This is a state where houses have Confederate flags on them and so do cars. People even sell Confederate flags on the side of the road (you can see this on highway 49 going to and from jackson).

Vilify

Superstar
Daps
There's going to be a lot of butthurt cacs. If you're from Mississippi you'll start seeing even more people with the rebel flags on their cars, homes etc

I remember when Georgia changed the state flag, there were a lot of angry people. Many of them hung Confederate flags and stickers on their cars for many yrs.

The white Democratic governor that changed the flag paid a hefty price. He got voted out and was the last Democrat governor we've had since .

Theolodius_Black

Whoopin suckas with a bag of oranges
Daps
Reppin
Brookhaven,MS to Tallyho, FL
Good post aunjanue been fighting to take down the flag for years.

But yeah its crazy how they have been fighting this for so long. Covid also helped this situation out because the state is hurting. So the last thing they needed was conventions and other things pulling out. I heard that even entertainers were saying they would pull out of performing there as well. But it don't matter whatever pressure was applied I am glad it made them clean their act.

I also am wondering how the white population will react. This is a state where houses have Confederate flags on them and so do cars. People even sell Confederate flags on the side of the road (you can see this on highway 49 going to and from jackson).
I know the place you're talking about. Right outside of Hattiesburg. fukk em let em get mad. If they can't see the bigger picture, then that speaks volumes of the rampart ignorance and stupidity. Imagine being so stubborn you refuse opportunities for your children, who attend university and have to leave, leaving family land and legacy up for grabs cuz you can't stay and look after shyt cuz there's no work worth a fukk. Everybody don't wanna work at Nissan:yeshrug:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
We need to stop playing and call this shyt what it is...a cult. :scust:

2ef6c5be9ffd7f3e7bb2009623508739.jpg

TKfbnUDdj9s9VT5y5Kc8LKN7GoMXn39G6Y90WgL_u_U.jpg

75496201f28f61f4c7cb5bcde742506d.jpg
Embrace of the flag was based on shame and delusion. South lost the war and their economic engine.

The revision of confederate history was one of the biggest propaganda campaigns in history.

I still remember the thread discussion about white frats and confederate themed formal events.