Senegal might go all the way, brehs

Fenian

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Govan
They should at least make it out the group with the squad they have, how far the progress in the knockout rounds depends entirely on the draw.

Still can’t see past France or Germany to win it all though, both squads will get better as the tournament goes on.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
African countries always disappoint me. When I was younger I used to root for Cameroon to go far and they always got stopped in the quarterfinal by England, Argentina or some other juggernaut.

I agree African teams generally disappoint. However, I got a good feeling about this Senegal team though.

I think they'll be the first African team to make it to the Semi-Finals.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
senegal might do well because it's possible for a team to be greater than its individual parts, but why do you list this like these are qualifications? "Cheikhou Kouyaté (west ham) and Idrissa Gueye (everton)"

west ham and everton? if you feel kouyate and gueye are the kind of quality you need to win then go with that, but playing for west ham and everton isn't proof of their quality because those clubs have a lot of garbage on the pitch each week.

koulibaly has been my favorite center back for over 2 years now. wish he was at arsenal.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
senegal might do well because it's possible for a team to be greater than its individual parts, but why do you list this like these are qualifications? "Cheikhou Kouyaté (west ham) and Idrissa Gueye (everton)"

west ham and everton? if you feel kouyate and gueye are the kind of quality you need to win then go with that, but playing for west ham and everton isn't proof of their quality because those clubs have a lot of garbage on the pitch each week.

koulibaly has been my favorite center back for over 2 years now. wish he was at arsenal.

Needs a German passport :mjlit:

19-

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
Might be tough. Lewandowski gets busy.
yeah i think posters here saying senegal gets out easy are underestimating lewa and poland in general. i didnt watch the game today between japan and colombia but i was shocked japan won, although i guess colombia had a man off. japan have kagawa and a lot of players in bundesliga like osako and haraguchi so i guess i shouldnt underrate them. and even though colombia lost because they were down a man theyll be out for blood against senegal and poland.
that being said im optimistic for senegal because while none of these teams are trash i think if senegal is playing and geling well they can beat them all.

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Really dissapointing so far but Im not throwing Nigeria out of the mix until the Iceland game. We still can do something. :to:

Im all aboard the Senegal train though. Lets ride it all the way. Looking good to progress now.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
I'm also looking forward to see how they do. I think they can advance out of their group. Hopefully they beat Poland tomorrow and start off the tournament the right way.

Another great thing about Senegal is the fact they have a BLACK HEAD COACH. I get sick and tired of seeing these African teams hiring white managers. These white managers coach in a racist manner and don't let the African teams play to their strengths. I think the fact Senegal has a black manager who is a former player should help them tremendously.

I'm hoping for Senegal to make it to at least the Quarterfinals. Maybe even the Semis.

Youre right but you gotta look at it from like lets say randomly Zimbabwes eyes. This is elite sports so you want to hire someone with experience. A white coach is gonna be more widely available cause those a$$holes monopolize the career.

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
Another great thing about Senegal is the fact they have a BLACK HEAD COACH. I get sick and tired of seeing these African teams hiring white managers. These white managers coach in a racist manner and don't let the African teams play to their strengths. I think the fact Senegal has a black manager who is a former player should help them tremendously.

Agree with this 100x.
fukk having 2nd or 3rd tier managers who can't get a job in their own country so they want to play white savior with an African team.

Rooting for Mane to do major damage.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Youre right but you gotta look at it from like lets say randomly Zimbabwes eyes. This is elite sports so you want to hire someone with experience. A white coach is gonna be more widely available cause those a$$holes monopolize the career.

Doesn't matter. These white coaches are not trying to help Africa succeed. They're not trying to let Africans play to their strengths. They know if we play the right way, we can easily dominate soccer.

I'm hoping Senegal shows these muthafukkas what we are capable of when we play the right way. Cameroon in 1990 shocked everyone playing a fast attacking style. Since then these cacs have been trying to regress African football into some knock off of the European game. If Africans go back to playing the way we did in the past, they can easily make it to the Semi-finals in this tournament.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Doesn't matter. These white coaches are not trying to help Africa succeed. They're not trying to let Africans play to their strengths. They know if we play the right way, we can easily dominate soccer.

I'm hoping Senegal shows these muthafukkas what we are capable of when we play the right way. Cameroon in 1990 shocked everyone playing a fast attacking style. Since then these cacs have been trying to regress African football into some knock off of the European game. If Africans go back to playing the way we did in the past, they can easily make it to the Semi-finals in this tournament.
I was just reading about white soccer coaches in Africa.