Seriously...how come Marvin Gaye doesn't have his own biographical movie?

Daps
Reppin
Bucktown, U.S.A. (Harlem, NY) + 'Cuse, NY
I just thought about this...

Arguably one of (if not) the greatest vocalist of all time across any genre and he still doesn't have a biography that based on his life before & after reaching stardom... :mindblown:

We got movies on James Brown, Malcolm X, Tupac, The Black Panthers, Ali, 50 Cent (for crying out loud), N.W.A. The Temptations, Ike & Tina, Frankie Lymon, etc the list goes on but nothing on the legendary MARVIN GAYE?

:gucci:

(When I say biography I'm talking about movies not some little documentary)

BrownBunny

All Star
Daps
I don’t think every film you named is good and there are tons of other legends that have gotten shytty or mediocre biopics. There was one that was being planned a while back.

They can’t use his voice without approval from estate and they might have expressed disinterest or animosity towards previous attempts.

Why not wait for something worthy of his legacy rather than wondering why Lifetime or BET hasn’t shyt something out?

Daps
Reppin
Bucktown, U.S.A. (Harlem, NY) + 'Cuse, NY
I don’t think every film you named is good and there are tons of other legends that have gotten shytty or mediocre biopics. There was one that was being planned a while back.

They can’t use his voice without approval from estate and they might have expressed disinterest or animosity towards previous attempts.

Why not wait for something worthy of his legacy rather than wondering why Lifetime or BET hasn’t shyt something out?
Yeah I get that but I'm not talking about a BET bio but something along the lines of a big theatrical release similar to Pac, James Brown, etc...

King Poetic

A.K.A. Duke Illington
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SeaBed
A lot of shyt is in a lot of these artist and so called black legend closets they don’t want in film

I know someone wanted to make a real MLK film which shows Martin having extramarital affairs and the family said hell no... that can’t be shown

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
A lot of shyt is in a lot of these artist and so called black legend closets they don’t want in film

I know someone wanted to make a real MLK film which shows Martin having extramarital affairs and the family said hell no... that can’t be shown
Gonna be release with the freedom of information act eventually

Hours if tapes of MLK talking that coli shyt

:mjlol:

Everyone under a microscope is a fool

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I honestly don’t see the appeal of these biographical movies. 9 times out of ten, they’re very bad. Terrible acting, bad dialogue, actors who look nothing like who they’re supposed to be portraying :mjlol:

Threnody

Superstar
Daps
nikka life was extra fukked up and he was kind of a weirdo in general
Movie would have to be ducktales to be good

R-1559040-1311042867.jpeg.jpg

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You must be very young because they were in the process of making it 15, 16 years ago. Had the dude from law and order casted to play him. Production stalled because of the family over the rights.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
There's too much to cover in his life

- started out in the military
- became a singer w/motown
- quit singing to seriously pursue professional athletics (and was legit)
- came back to singing only as a nympho who traveled the world doing drugs and having orgies
- wound up back at his parents house as a recluse and that's where his father murdered him

he had too much going on, the movie and mini-series would be all over the place...
it would have to be about the recording of WHAT'S GOING ON or something