Seriously what the fukk happened to Ali Vegas career?

YourMajesty

F*ck Ya Corny Debates
Daps
how much longer you gon try to get another grown man's attention on the internet? every thread fresh makes u in here under his nuts...hoping he acknowledges ya crab ass....cut it out weirdo
Pretty sure Fresh got em on ignore.

I never listened to him but I used to him in my XXL and Source Mags back in the day. Might check for him now thanks to this thread

Finelli

Trapped in the 90's
Daps
Reppin
1998 SOHH
That first album was pretty much a classic.I realized he wasn't shyt after his performance in the blaze battle though. He looked sohh foolish spitting a written and then getting completely destroyed by Eyedea.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
If you are labelled the next "potential GOAT" early in your career, just know that your career won't be going far...It's the number one way of killing a budding career...

You can't name 10 rappers that succeeded after being labelled the next "Potential GOAT"...

If people start calling you the next 'so and so' be smart and switch up your style...
You have a point

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
how much longer you gon try to get another grown man's attention on the internet? every thread fresh makes u in here under his nuts...hoping he acknowledges ya crab ass....cut it out weirdo
And the saddest part bro is that I have these weirdos on ignore yet they still come in all my threads lmao. nikkas is twerps.

JetLife

/ SOHH /
Daps
Reppin
Golden State
Bootleg Nas Jr.! :ahh:

When Nas' music got really spotty, he was dropping great bootleg Nas type cuts.

But I think everyone explained it.

- Signed to TrackMasters with 50 Cent on Columbia ... but TM lost their deal, caught in limbo
- Signed to Tommy Mottola/Casablanca with Corey Gunz ... that label did nothing
- Beefed with Clue/Fab at the peak of NY DJ's controlling the industry
- Signed to LO/Rich Soil, but Odom was too busy in LA w/ the Kardashians

- Now he makes :flabbynsick: NY Rap. It's not bad, but it just all sounds dated and is there even an audience for this anymore?

with that being said, kid had everything on paper, but it just never came together career wise

Zach Lowe

what up beck
Daps
i made fun of your lover bae slime?

fukk naS

Redwing80

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Ali's releasing 1 more project and he's done with music. That's my guy but he's too arrogant at times

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bootleg Nas Jr.! :ahh:

When Nas' music got really spotty, he was dropping great bootleg Nas type cuts.

But I think everyone explained it.

- Signed to TrackMasters with 50 Cent on Columbia ... but TM lost their deal, caught in limbo
- Signed to Tommy Mottola/Casablanca with Corey Gunz ... that label did nothing
- Beefed with Clue/Fab at the peak of NY DJ's controlling the industry
- Signed to LO/Rich Soil, but Odom was too busy in LA w/ the Kardashians

- Now he makes NY Rap. It's not bad, but it just all sounds dated and is there even an audience for this anymore?

with that being said, kid had everything on paper, but it just never came together career wise

I don't think there's really :flabbynsick: NY rap. It's just traditional NY rap. Joey Bad Ass and Bronson are making careers out of it. So is some of the members of ASAP. If done right, it's always dope. That music will never not be great to hear. I think his problem is he started trying to sound like Jay too and his lack of out put which goes back to the label issues

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
I don't think there's really :flabbynsick: NY rap. It's just traditional NY rap. Joey Bad Ass and Bronson are making careers out of it. So is some of the members of ASAP. If done right, it's always dope. That music will never not be great to hear. I think his problem is he started trying to sound like Jay too and his lack of out put which goes back to the label issues
ali vegas came at the worst possible time. right towards the end of the mafioso ny era and before this little internet hipster resurgence. he would have shined in each era yet missed each one completely

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ali vegas came at the worst possible time. right towards the end of the mafioso ny era and before this little internet hipster resurgence. he would have shined in each era yet missed each one completely
Agreed. I appreciate Ali vegas way more than these other NY sounding artists because he's way more street. His music is really about the street life, while these other guys who try to use the NY Traditional sound don't really have that gritty/street shyt in their music.

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
while these other guys who try to use the NY Traditional sound don't really have that gritty/street shyt in their music.
the concept of authenticity just doesnt exist in rap anymore, perhaps all music. plastic flowers look just like flowers until you realize they arent real. that intangible factor changes your whole perception. those plastic flowers arent pretty no more like you thought. this new rap trying to sound gritty dont really catch your imagination and bring you into a world when you hear it like rap back then could do to you. because its not the real thing and the back of your mind wont let you forget that.