Several PlayStation Studios Asked to Put Their Games on PC, God of War Director Says

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:ehh:

Several PlayStation Studios Asked to Put Their Games on PC, God of War Director Says

Several PlayStation Studios Asked to Put Their Games on PC, God of War Director Says - IGN

When the studios have to tell the PlayStation heads what to do:mjlol:

"I think it was the collective of studios all over saying this is a really good idea," Barlog said. "We should be looking into this. Eventually, I think it reached that tipping point. When we had sent so many suggestion box suggestions that they were like, 'I’m tired of hearing all this. Fine, we’ll do this.' It’s a process. We’re still figuring it out as a company and as individual studios how to do this and what the process and strategy will be."

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
Well, at least Sony listens to their studios.
I dont see them releasing day 1 games on pc tho

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Imagine if you ran a successful restaurant, and you also sold your famous tomato sauce there. Your tomato sauce is so popular that people want to sell it in their grocery stores.
You say no because you worried there will be less traffic to your restaurant? That makes no sense. It's an additional stream of income. diversifying your business. If one goes down maybe the other will continue to prosper or vice versa. Put that sauce everywhere and work on other stuff to keep your main business going.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Imagine if you ran a successful restaurant, and you also sold your famous tomato sauce there. Your tomato sauce is so popular that people want to sell it in their grocery stores.
You say no because you worried there will be less traffic to your restaurant? That makes no sense. It's an additional stream of income. diversifying your business. If one goes down maybe the other will continue to prosper or vice versa. Put that sauce everywhere and work on other stuff to keep your main business going.

Bad analogy. Sony makes money from their storefront. They use their “special tomato sauce” to get people in the door. It would be more similar to wal mart. They’re the only supermarket that sell their sauce, and while you’re in the store you just do all your other shopping there. If you put that sauce in wholefoods or Trader Joe’s people will be less incentivized to shop at your supermarket.

We literally just spent a whole week talking about how sony was doomed because they “lost” a big 3rd party game. What makes you think they wouldn’t be more doomed if they ween more people off their hardware?

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
And so it begins:blessed:

giphy.gif

***Theme music***

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Sonys pc strategy is on point. They release on console fully optimized and built around the hardware then port int 2+ years later and get double dippers and new sales all over again at full price.

God of war is 4 years old and its outselling Monster Hunter Rises. It’s also marketing the hell out of Ragnarok.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Spider-man next year

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Bad analogy. Sony makes money from their storefront. They use their “special tomato sauce” to get people in the door. It would be more similar to wal mart. They’re the only supermarket that sell their sauce, and while you’re in the store you just do all your other shopping there. If you put that sauce in wholefoods or Trader Joe’s people will be less incentivized to shop at your supermarket.

We literally just spent a whole week talking about how sony was doomed because they “lost” a big 3rd party game. What makes you think they wouldn’t be more doomed if they ween more people off their hardware?
Because if their hardware does fail for one reason or another, they would still have a business around being a game studio.
Tying the success or failure of both together just means both can fail at the same time.
Thats why i said it's better to diversify. Be a successful Console on one front, and a successful Studio on another separate front.
The whole reason you were talking about sony being doomed is because these two avenues are too connected to other ones success.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Sonys pc strategy is on point. They release on console fully optimized and built around the hardware then port int 2+ years later and get double dippers and new sales all over again at full price.

God of war is 4 years old and its outselling Monster Hunter Rises. It’s also marketing the hell out of Ragnarok.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Spider-man next year

this why Sony Stan’s gotta stop being so quick to want to clown and throw jokes at XBOX fans.

Cuz I remember there was a time when y’all laughed at Xbox having games on PC and some on coli making comments like “I’m good with my PS3/4 so why do I need to by and Xbox when I can just play them games on in PC”:mjgrin::umad:

Now it’s “well it’s fine PS exclusive are going to pc and look they are doing great in sales so this is good for the industry…. Blah blah blah”

@MeachTheMonster hit them with that line one time :steviej:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
this why Sony Stan’s gotta stop being so quick to want to clown and throw jokes at XBOX fans.

Cuz I remember there was a time when y’all laughed at Xbox having games on PC and some on coli making comments like “I’m good with my PS3/4 so why do I need to by and Xbox when I can just play them games on in PC”:mjgrin::umad:

Now it’s “well it’s fine PS exclusive are going to pc and look they are doing great in sales so this is good for the industry…. Blah blah blah”

@MeachTheMonster hit them with that line one time :steviej:

Everything yall do and respond to is about being a victim :mjlol:

But but b b i remember when yall were mean to xbox :damn: