SGA the best Shooting Guard in the league

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
17 games into the season, he's performing at a top 3 level. 30/6/6 on 54/35/94 shooting and a 31 PER. In other words, pound for pound nobody but Jokic and Embiid are currently playing better basketball than SGA right now.

Now can he sustain this pace for 82 games like Jokic and Embiid have done yearly, and like Curry and KD did in their younger, MVP years? Well he already did comparable last season in 68 games: 31/6/5 on 50/34/91, 27 PER. So it's not unventured territory for him, but we'll see.

The big thing this year, is his team is on track to win 50+ games, meaning he'll likely be a top 5 MVP candidate. He'll probably start next season in most pundits top 5-8 list unless he completely flames out in the playoffs.

HollywoodP

#LongLive24 #TMC America's Team, Lakeshow, & ASU
Daps
Reppin
The Valley Of The Sun 602🌵480🌵623🌵520
Random but Wemby is easily ROY & I’d say top 10 player in the league. He’s just amazing
completely unrelated...but if Wemby, SGA and Ant left their respective teams to form a superteam (in a bigger market and warmer city) they would be a straight up dynasty.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
1st team all NBA last year

MVP of the World Cup and smashed team USA this past summer

Playing better than Steph and Luka again this year

If we're living in the now, he's absolutely the best guard in the league
You know exactly what I'm talking about.

He hasn't proven anything when it actually COUNTS in the NBA. Breh has no playoff resume. We've held all superstars to that same standard since forever, we don't just get to ease the standards because you personally like SGA.

Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
You know exactly what I'm talking about.

He hasn't proven anything when it actually COUNTS in the NBA. Breh has no playoff resume. We've held all superstars to that same standard since forever, we don't just get to ease the standards because you personally like SGA.
We're not talking career though. We're talking current NBA. Right now, SGA is better than Steph or Luka

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We're not talking career though. We're talking current NBA. Right now, SGA is better than Steph or Luka
You getting a lil too ahead of yourself. It might be close but what do the numbers say

Eye test I have Steph still. If they switched teams what would records look like

Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
You getting a lil too ahead of yourself. It might be close but what do the numbers say

Eye test I have Steph still. If they switched teams what would records look like
Eye test is clearly Shai. Harder to stop one on one, and a better defender.

Stats also clearly favour Shai

He's either ahead, or significantly ahead in every category other than 3s.

OKC and GS are probably a wash beyond Steph and Shai. You could easily argue that GS is the better team.

I don't think many of the people here arguing against Shai have watched him much.

This isn't a knock against Steph btw. It's just pointing out that as great as Steph is, Shai is playing better