Shakur Stevenson signed with Top Rank, wtf

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Never understood the caring of taking sides on here promotion battles. Long as they make dope fights. I don't care who signs with who. I'm not gonna care more about a boxer money then them.

If a dude gets defrauded by all means they need to fight for theirs and that's trash and I support a fighter then.... But if they sign with someone who may have questionable biz practices....they're grown men....this is 2017 and they have more info at their disposal than ever before. It's like when nikkas signed to Death Row after Pac died and Snoop and Dre left....muthafukka that's on YOU.

If they get burnt it's on them. Sounds brutal but hey it's like that for the rest of us.

Last edited:

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
I think it was a good move.

As it relates to signing w/ Floyd, like he said they never contacted him officially w/ paperwork, legit meeting, etc (which likely ended once J Prince got in the picture :whoa:).

Floyd's also still unproven overall as a promoter and is still trying to be '96-97 Puff "All in the videos, hoggin the pressers, interviews..". It's still the Floyd Mayweather show. On top of that he doesn't have a track record as of yet and or his people actually building top level guys from the ground up let alone getting the fights consistently. Love or hate Top Rank, they have a long history of building fighters and putting them in the right fights at the right time. Shakur hasn't even had his 1st Pro fight yet and it's not as if he signed a 30 fight deal. I think he'll be fine.

Last edited:

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
I think it was a good move.

As it relates to signing w/ Floyd, like he said they never contacted him officially w/ paperwork, legit meeting, etc (which likely ended once J Prince got in the picture :whoa:).

Floyd's also still unproven overall as a promoter and is still trying to be '96-97 Puff "All in the videos, hoggin the pressers, interviews..". It's still the Floyd Mayweather show. On top of that he doesn't have a track record as of yet and or his people actually building top level guys from the ground up let alone getting the fights consistently. Love or hate Top Rank, they have a long history of building fighters and putting them in the right fights at the right time. Shakur hasn't even had his 1st Pro fight yet and it's not as if he signed a 30 fight deal. I think he'll be fine.

Bingo. If it's a 5 or 6 fight deal and he has more name and clout he can be 22-23 and dip if he aint like the terms or paydays/tv time.

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
how does the best promotional company in the world have no future stars under its banner and ran away its best prospect in Mikey Garcia by fukking with his money?
Kid could have went to any company associated with Haymon, Scheffer's company, Mayweather, Broner, Dunkin, anyone. He chose to go to a proven snake in Arum and a gangster like J Prince.

You might need to brush up on who they have bro. Crawford is a current p4p talent and on the cusp of superstardom. same with Lomachenko. Younger fighters like Valdez and Verdejo are being groom to be stars that play to their country bases. And when you add Conlan and Stevenson, it just adds even more longevity to TR and the fighters careers.

MIkey Garcia best prospect? I respectfully disagree. Who did he fight?? Garcia had a contract and didn't want to fight under its terms anymore. He wanted to violate his contract. A judge has already upheld its validity in the past so it was Mikey who kept himself on the shelf cuz he wanted new terms on his contract. It doesn't work that way in real life tho.

And NONE of the other promotional outfits have a PROVEN TRACK RECORD THATS MORE EXTENSIVE THAN TOP RANKS. Arum used to promote Ali for crying out loud. Theres no denying TR has and always will be associated with the boxers that are considered the best in the world and top 10 p4p. History tells us this.

You're trolling right

they have crawford and lomachenko, who can't sell shyt to a fly

lmao going to andre ward for career advice

Golden boy is milking canelo on their last legs and top rank isn't too far behind

Crawford sells out his home state every time out. And considering how much time he has and that his most marquee opponent thus far was Postol, he has plenty of time to continue building his brand while fighting more notable names that will increase his stardom. Loma isn't even from here, has less than 10 fights total. Relax bro, TR gonna develop both guys nicely, but its gonna take time. Theyre all about the long term plan cuz that's how you become a star and make those million dollar purses.

Having Ward and Prince will ensure Arum stays honest. If you ask me Shakur made the smartest move cuz he has the proven powerhouse that is TR, which means he'll be fighting on HBO which has the highest viewership of any other boxing channel period, and Prince will ensure he never gets jerked and ultimately gets what he wants.

TR been around for decades guys. They aint going anywhere anytime soon.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
You might need to brush up on who they have bro. Crawford is a current p4p talent and on the cusp of superstardom. same with Lomachenko. Younger fighters like Valdez and Verdejo are being groom to be stars that play to their country bases. And when you add Conlan and Stevenson, it just adds even more longevity to TR and the fighters careers.

MIkey Garcia best prospect? I respectfully disagree. Who did he fight?? Garcia had a contract and didn't want to fight under its terms anymore. He wanted to violate his contract. A judge has already upheld its validity in the past so it was Mikey who kept himself on the shelf cuz he wanted new terms on his contract. It doesn't work that way in real life tho.

And NONE of the other promotional outfits have a PROVEN TRACK RECORD THATS MORE EXTENSIVE THAN TOP RANKS. Arum used to promote Ali for crying out loud. Theres no denying TR has and always will be associated with the boxers that are considered the best in the world and top 10 p4p. History tells us this.

Crawford sells out his home state every time out. And considering how much time he has and that his most marquee opponent thus far was Postol, he has plenty of time to continue building his brand while fighting more notable names that will increase his stardom. Loma isn't even from here, has less than 10 fights total. Relax bro, TR gonna develop both guys nicely, but its gonna take time. Theyre all about the long term plan cuz that's how you become a star and make those million dollar purses.

Having Ward and Prince will ensure Arum stays honest. If you ask me Shakur made the smartest move cuz he has the proven powerhouse that is TR, which means he'll be fighting on HBO which has the highest viewership of any other boxing channel period, and Prince will ensure he never gets jerked and ultimately gets what he wants. Every promoter has its flaws and he must be doing something right. As much flack as he gets(and some of it warranted) having him there keeps options open. Didn't we want that for fighters?

That's my point Arum is a scumbag but he's got HBO and just signed 3 Olympians....this dude built stars for 50 years and TR as much as ppl on this board dislike them ain't going nowhere. I think Todd his son keeps the company honest.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Arum has

Manny, Loma, Crawford, Ramirez, Shakur, Conlan, Valdez, Verdejo, Walters (who depsite quitting can still be in decent fights) that's a quality roster there. Plus since he has a decent relationship guys like DiBella and European promoters he can get HBO fights for top talent. Yes we want these guys against PBC guys and Arum is dirty....filthy....but his eye for talent and survival skills and (and as shytty as partner they can be) HBO. He just needs to be better at signing JWW and WW's...which PBC got on lock.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Having Ward and Prince will ensure Arum stays honest. If you ask me Shakur made the smartest move cuz he has the proven powerhouse that is TR, which means he'll be fighting on HBO which has the highest viewership of any other boxing channel period, and Prince will ensure he never gets jerked and ultimately gets what he wants.

Selling out a venue in your home city is an accomplishment now, DAMN NEAR EVERY FIGHTER DOES THIS, it's not like this nikka is selling out the MGM grand
stop it

He had a ppv with Postol and it was pitiful, Viktor Postol ain't shyt either why even bring his name up

Crawford is not a draw, he's not a star, stop it

Lomachenko will never be a star either, stop it

The last star Bob had was manny pacquiao, and he rode of floyd's name

Having ward and prince, lmao J Prince ain't to be trusted himself and Ward can't even manage his own creer

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Bingo. If it's a 5 or 6 fight deal and he has more name and clout he can be 22-23 and dip if he aint like the terms or paydays/tv time.
Dip from TR :mjlol:

He signed to TR for life, unless he ready to sit out a few years. Or he got $$$$ to throw down in a legal battle.

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi

Crawford isn't getting much bigger than he is right now. Valdez yes, because he has the skill, Verdejo---------it is to be seen.

Sound like you one of those TR lackeys. Mikey put himself on the shelf, once he realized he was jux'ed and they were adding extensions to every title fight and so on just like hmmmmmm what's his name, Floyd?

Regardless, I agree TR is great for developing fighters, but once they're developed by TR, they have to continue signing extensions and various BS that makes them want to leave.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Arum has

Manny, Loma, Crawford, Ramirez, Shakur, Conlan, Valdez, Verdejo, Walters (who depsite quitting can still be in decent fights) that's a quality roster there. Plus since he has a decent relationship guys like DiBella and European promoters he can get HBO fights for top talent. Yes we want these guys against PBC guys and Arum is dirty....filthy....but his eye for talent and survival skills and (and as shytty as partner they can be) HBO. He just needs to be better at signing JWW and WW's...which PBC got on lock.
Dip from TR :mjlol:

He signed to TR for life, unless he ready to sit out a few years. Or he got $$$$ to throw down in a legal battle.

That's on them. You sign a shyt deal not my problem...you got lawyers, agents, etc.....I'm a boxing FAN....what they handle on the biz side nothing to do with me. Do these dudes care if your jobs take advantage of you?:dame:

NOPE. They lie with dogs and get fleas..
..oh well. Long as it's not fraud.

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
That's on them. You sign a shyt deal not my problem...you got lawyers, agents, etc.....I'm a boxing FAN....what they handle on the biz side nothing to do with me. Do these dudes care if your jobs take advantage of you?:dame:

NOPE. They lie with dogs and get fleas..
..oh well. Long as it's not fraud.
So am I. You still want to see athletes especially boxers, paid right for their efforts.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
So you're cool when Ward had to sit on the shelf for 2.5yrs? Same shyt w Mikey? Floyd? JCCjr?

Mikey sitting on the sidelines was an atrocity

Ward did it to himself breh...there is literally no reason outside of the shoulder surgery why he sat out that long...it never came out why he didnt want to honor his contract with goossen either

Jr should have stayed with Arum...Arum already got more than his money's worth out of him.......he hasn't accomplished shyt since going to Haymon..waste of money there

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The fact that Arum is 117 years old, I'd be skeptical on the vision/direction of Top Rank in the event he isn't there anymore. Floyd isn't the greatest to sign to, but I see more up and coming fighters getting better looks from the Haymon/CBS/Showtime connection. TMT might not be the best alternative, but I know damn sure I wouldn't have signed to Top Rank.