Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
:jbhmm:
shaq1.jpg

air-shaq-10

:russ:

it’s like starburys, you respect the initiative but kids who rock them gonna get clowned to death at school. Sad but true.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I love and respect Shaq, but part of the story is duck.

Shaq played for Orlando for 4 years.
His Reebok deal lasted 6 years, and they were the ones who dissolved the partnership.
You can find footage of him playing in Reeboks his first 2 seasons in Los Angeles.

Some of Shaq's early Reeboks sold well, but once Reebok signed Iverson a few years later, he became their flagship basketball athlete.

Shaq is a smart guy, so he parlayed his fame into great deal with Walmart and discount retailers.
but the "angry mom confronted me when I played for the Magic, and I dropped my deal and started marketing less expensive shoes" is not keeping it 100.

You think Reebok would’ve said no if Shaq said he wanted to stay on the roster? Of course not.

Shaq seems like a humble and honest dude. I’ll give him the benefit of any doubt.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
You think Reebok would’ve said no if Shaq said he wanted to stay on the roster? Of course not.

Shaq seems like a humble and honest dude. I’ll give him the benefit of any doubt.

link
Reebok Ends Deal With O'Neal as It Cuts Endorsement Spending

Reebok Ends Deal With O’Neal as It Cuts Endorsement Spending

July 1, 1998

BOSTON —
Reebok International Ltd., which has cut its spending on high-priced endorsement contracts with star athletes, ended its relationship with basketball star Shaquille O’Neal on Tuesday.

Reebok and O’Neal’s agent said in a joint statement that the six-year deal, which made the Los Angeles Laker center one of the game’s highest-paid stars, has benefited both parties, but that the two are parting ways.

Reebok critics have said that the high-priced O’Neal endorsements helped sell few shoes.

Stoughton, Mass.-based Reebok said in December that it would renegotiate its star endorsement contracts, at a cost of $15 million to $20 million, and use fewer athletes and teams in advertisements.

“I think probably what this deal signifies . . . is that within the industry paying massive amounts for a hero-athlete . . . is on the wane,” said Michael Atmore, editor in chief of Footwear News, a weekly trade magazine.

“You might see more of this in the industry in the next year or two,” he said.

Reebok’s stock rose 50 cents to close at $27.69 on the New York Stock Exchange.