Shareece Wright hopes speaking out changes narratives about boys who are sexually abused

broller

Veteran
Daps
Former NFL player Shareece Wright revealed on Friday that he is one of the 12 previously anonymous men who accused a woman who worked at their high school of sexually assaulting them when they were minors. He hopes that by speaking out, he can change people’s perspectives about boys who are sexually abused by adult women.

Wright says that too often, teenage boys who are sexually abused by women are treated as if their pain isn’t real.

“I was worried about what people would say, or how people would try to portray it,’’ Wright told USA Today. “The narrative that we were boys and it’s not that big of a deal or is not that serious bothers me, like, the most.’’

Wright added that he is “trying to change the narrative that when you’re a boy and you’re being molested by a female it’s not serious or it doesn’t affect your life or it’s not that bad.’’

The 36-year-old Wright and 11 other men who attended Colton High School in Colton, California, say that when they were minors, a school employee named Tiffany Strauss-Gordon sexually abused them. Strauss-Gordon was the daughter of Colton High School’s football coach, Harold Strauss, who died in 2019.

Strauss-Gordon has not been criminally charged and denies the allegations.

Jemma Dunn, one of the attorneys working on the lawsuit, agrees with Wright that there is a double standard at play.

If the roles were reversed the story would be very different. Nobody would be questioning whether this was an assault. There would be people in jail,” Dunn told local TV affiliate ABC-30. “I mean there would be an uproar.”

Wright says he talked to adults about what was happening to him while he was still in high school, and they were dismissive.

“Their first response was, like, ‘You guys are boys. You knew what you were doing. She’s going to lose her job and so many people’s jobs are going to be [on] the line,’” Wright said. “This is the feedback I was getting from people that I thought cared about me.’’

Wright says the experience of being taken advantage of by an adult woman when he was still a child has had lingering effects on his ability to maintain relationships.

“I just got off the phone with my therapist not even an hour ago talking about it,’’ Wright said on Friday. “It takes time to understand what sexual abuse does to people when it happens to them.’’
After high school Wright played at USC and was a 2011 third-round pick of the Chargers. He also played for the 49ers, Ravens, Bills, Raiders and Texans in an eight-year NFL career.

Tiffany-Gordon-Athletic-trainer-accused-of-rape-by-6-former-Colton-High-School-football-players-1.jpg

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
What are the statutes of limitations for sexual assault in that state? That's the main issue, and whether she can be charged.

I feel bad for those guys. Adults didn't take them seriously, partly because it seems like her dad was a longtime coach & powerful person in that community. They were afraid of the backlash.
Her dad's status is also what gave her added control over those kids.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Good for him standing up, nothing will happen though because misandry is totally embraced by women and men Ina western society.

Hell think about the comments on the coli when teachers are exposed for sleeping with male students

Half the comments are wishing they had a teacher like the abuser or saying why did the minor tell.

Smh.

broller

Veteran
Daps
Kudos to him and I hope he gets the healing and due process he deserves.
This is very common. This woman is a serial pedophile and was allowed to continue her criminality by a complicit institution because black boys are worthless in their minds.

Facts. Apparently she preyed on the kids from low SES too.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
This is wayyyyy more common, specifically with BLACK BOYS than our community and society at large likes to admit

Black boys are often the victims of sexual experimentation at the hands of adults, both male and female, and it can lead to a myriad of psychological issues.

When Kendrick Lamar made a whole song about it in 2022 it honestly blew me away the angle he took. Basically said all of these black rappers are wilding out because they were sexually abused as kids and nobody gave a fukk. Its a generation of black boys being labeled as “hyper-sexual” because adults took advantage of them. shyt really makes me want to cry

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Boys get cast as hyper horny lil freaks. Some are. Many arent. Those that arent face questions at best and ridicule ar worst.

Boys can be sexually abused. They can not be aching to have sex. They can be selective. They can (sadly) be abused.

We all know that dude or dudes from when we were kids that started having sex at 9 or 10 or even younger. As kids we just blindly assumed they were into it and thought they were the man. I aint gonna say all but the majority of them were most certainly not into it.

Girls get horny. Boys dont always be horny or want the sex presented to them.

DonB90

Superstar
Daps
The bytch who assaulted him ugly af I'd press charges too

br82186

Superstar
Daps
Nah they’ll ignore it like everything else that doesn’t fit an agenda
Pretty much, just look at media when a man is found innocent of rape and sexual assault and I'm not speaking of cases where it's known that the man did it.