Dominant narratives that died out

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
we've consistently seen this happen....it's not a CAC narrative.

A lot of dudes would rather not play in the league than not start, and more and more teams are opting to not retain veterans who would fit the reduced on court role/locker room leader/mentor archetype.
Those "dudes" you are referring to are mostly washed anyway. I'm speaking of the Carmelo/James Harden/Russell W types.

....and yes, it is indeed a cac narrative. Those "I don't want him on myteam" cac analysts/fans

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
Those "dudes" you are referring to are mostly washed anyway. I'm speaking of the Carmelo/James Harden/Russell W types.

....and yes, it is indeed a cac narrative. Those "I don't want him on myteam" cac analysts/fans
Carmelo is literally an example of that... where he had to beg to get back in the league and took a diminished role only after getting passed through 3 teams in 3 years and being humbled.

You could also argue that Harden also fits that tag too....cause it was Westbrook who volunteered to come off the bench cause Harden has been unwilling to not be what he's been his whole career.

Iverson could've extended his time in the league another 3-5 years simply cause he refused to not be a starter.

Dejounte Murray literally called out Tony Parker for this last year.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Rodgers being “the greatest qb ever” was never the “dominant narrative”

Yep, people said he was the most talented since Dan Marino but him being the GOAT QB was never a dominant narrative, maybe in bumblefukk Wisconsin

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It depends so much on racism you never know if it's truly dead BUT last night should have been the final nail in the coffin of the "Josh Allen, Justin Herbert and Joe Burrow are in the same tier as Mahomes" talk. That man stands on the mountain top by himself.

Until it is proven otherwise, Mahomes has no competition but the media loves narratives and a great white hope so Allen and Burrow will continue to be pushed. I get the sense the media will move on from Allen and be all in on Burrow as Pats new rival

Last edited:

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Until it is proven otherwise, Mahomes has no competition but the media loves narratives and a great white hope so Allen and Burrow will continue to be pushed. I get the sense the media will move on from Allen and be all on on Burrow as Pats new rival

Next season should be interesting to see if the Bengals can give the Chiefs a challenge. Burrow is the only quarterback not named Tom Brady that's beaten Mahomes' Chiefs in the playoffs.

Daps
It depends so much on racism you never know if it's truly dead BUT last night should have been the final nail in the coffin of the "Josh Allen, Justin Herbert and Joe Burrow are in the same tier as Mahomes" talk. That man stands on the mountain top by himself.
Suck more mahome penis

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dirk being a soft Euro choker, still to this day I’ve never seen one championship run flip the narrative around a player’s career so extremely like 2011 did for Dirk.

I think KD’s decision had a lot to do with this, plus LeBron going back to Cleveland and getting one.

Also the fact that Miami just never ended up dominating the league the way people thought they would. People thought they would be virtually unbeatable, and while obviously they were great you could argue to a certain extent that they didn’t live up to the hype

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Dirk being a soft Euro choker, still to this day I’ve never seen one championship run flip the narrative around a player’s career so extremely like 2011 did for Dirk.

Also the fact that Miami just never ended up dominating the league the way people thought they would. People thought they would be virtually unbeatable, and while obviously they were great you could argue to a certain extent that they didn’t live up to the hype
Also, there’s no guarantee Miami wins two rings if Rose doesn’t get hurt. Bulls were still the top seed the following season after Miami beat the Bulls in the ECF in 5. It’s not like Miami just ran away with that series either. Those games were close. Rip Hamilton was kinda washed up, but he was still better than 4ppg Keith Bogans who started all 82 in Rose‘s MVP season.

CP3.

Mr Solo Dolo
Daps
That Belicheck is the GOAT Coach. Brady left and Belicheck turned into Nathaniel Hackett.

Reid won games with McNabb, Vick, Kolb, Alex Smith and now Mahomes.

Belicheck was terrible at player personell. Brady was saving him for 20 years.

How many rings did Reid win with McNabb, Vick, Kolb and Alex Smith? :jbhmm: