Should I break up with my fiancé?

Ashley Banks

All I ever wanted was the world
Daps

lol I made a troll thread like this :bryan:

Anyways op, we can't tell you whether you should leave him or not, that's completely up to you. However, while the rushing to get married part sounds a little fishy, he could just be feeling a little unsure about things. Him asking if it would bother you if he didn't have a degree alludes to that. He's probably worried that if he decides not to finish school, can't afford to finish school, or if he doesn't make enough money, you're going to leave. Seems like he's just looking for reassurance that you're gonna be there that's probably why he's rushing to get married.

Daps
lol I made a troll thread like this :bryan:

Anyways op, we can't tell you whether you should leave him or not, that's completely up to you. However, while the rushing to get married part sounds a little fishy, he could just be feeling a little unsure about things. Him asking if it would bother you if he didn't have a degree alludes to that. He's probably worried that if he decides not to finish school, can't afford to finish school, or if he doesn't make enough money, you're going to leave. Seems like he's just looking for reassurance that you're gonna be there that's probably why he's rushing to get married.

Yeah that's what it was all about. He told me he already dropped out a few months ago but didn't know how to tell me. He's not really talking about it, but Ive told him I'll still be with him regardless of what happens. I wish he'd just communicate with me. I've decided to give him some space he can come talk to me when he's ready I'm tired.

PrnzHakeem

FKA LilNukka
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Haven
Yeah that's what it was all about. He told me he already dropped out a few months ago but didn't know how to tell me. He's not really talking about it, but Ive told him I'll still be with him regardless of what happens. I wish he'd just communicate with me. I've decided to give him some space he can come talk to me when he's ready I'm tired.

Dude dropped out of school and didn't tell you until months afterwards. Flag on the play, a huge red flag at that.

That's not something you do in a marriage or in a very serious relationship. Overlook it at your own peril

Frieza

Supervillain
Daps
Reppin
The Bush
@OP Are you Muslim? I'm assuming he is, since he wants to move to a Muslim country... Idk there's a slight chance his motivations could be religiously driven. If he's really about that you can get married from a religious without disclosing it to the government. You're just single on paper and married in practice until you're actually ready to get married and go through with a proper wedding. Obviously you've got a better perspective on things but it might not be that he's just trying to 'trap' you.
:manny:

getmoney310cpt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Compton CA/Rosecrans Ave
Lol just reinforces what I've been saying about these fukking women..

MONEY IS THE MAIN FACTOR THAT DETERMINES HOW SHE TREATS YOU..A RICH nikka DOESNT PUT UP WITH shyt FROM HIS bytch BECAUSE SHE WILL KEEP HERSELF IN POCKET TO KEEP THAT PAYDAY AROUND

Jasmine20

#GMB
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
He's not bummy at all. I just feel like crying. God it's such a mess. He's never asked for favours or hand outs it's not like that. He takes charge in the relationship. He's very 'alpha'. He didn't even want me to work but I said I want to. This is his first year. He's very much about traditional gender roles. So it's not about finances. I don't get it i really don't
How old are you and him?

Daps
Lol just reinforces what I've been saying about these fukking women..

MONEY IS THE MAIN FACTOR THAT DETERMINES HOW SHE TREATS YOU..A RICH nikka DOESNT PUT UP WITH shyt FROM HIS bytch BECAUSE SHE WILL KEEP HERSELF IN POCKET TO KEEP THAT PAYDAY AROUND

Maybe you should improve your reading comprehension. Seriously. Let's forget about the stupid and ignorant generalisation you've just made about women. Women stay with broke guys all the time. Money might be a factor for some but really it's not what most women factor in. Character, personality, looks etc. In fact most women put up with a lot from men because of one or the other. Your probably just a bummy dude. Now personally if money is what motivated me I wouldn't be with someone who would be earning less than me in the next few years, I would probably be with that douche doctor who has been chasing me for a while. This was about me freaking out about someone changing their plans on a life that would impact the both of us without consulting me etc. Anyways this will probably fly over your head take care.

Daps
@OP Are you Muslim? I'm assuming he is, since he wants to move to a Muslim country... Idk there's a slight chance his motivations could be religiously driven. If he's really about that you can get married from a religious without disclosing it to the government. You're just single on paper and married in practice until you're actually ready to get married and go through with a proper wedding. Obviously you've got a better perspective on things but it might not be that he's just trying to 'trap' you.
:manny:

I wouldn't marry someone with that outlook. Things actually got really complicated. He disclosed to me what his future plans really are but told me to hide it from my family. He wants to help out Syrian refugees and the crisis that's going on with them. He thinks it's our duty as muslims to help out others in need. He's not about the materialistic life. That's why he asked if I wanted to leave after my masters. I know my family would freak out that's why he told me to hide it. I get why we should help out but I don't know if I can lie to my family.

Frieza

Supervillain
Daps
Reppin
The Bush
I wouldn't marry someone with that outlook. Things actually got really complicated. He disclosed to me what his future plans really are but told me to hide it from my family. He wants to help out Syrian refugees and the crisis that's going on with them. He thinks it's our duty as muslims to help out others in need. He's not about the materialistic life. That's why he asked if I wanted to leave after my masters. I know my family would freak out that's why he told me to hide it. I get why we should help out but I don't know if I can lie to my family.

I'm not going to lie to you, he sounds shady asf. Sincere advice, tell your family 100000%. I'm assuming he's Syrian, Iraqi, Palestinian or some sort of Levantine. I've heard of similar stories unfold and it never ends well. I'm Muslim and from a Muslim majority country and I've always had the intention to move there and help build the country. I've discussed this with non-Muslim GFs IRL and I'm well aware of the fact that it's not an attractive option but I wouldn't tell them to hide something like that from their family. Major red flag. I might be going OTT but suddenly him trying to trap you financially pales in comparison.

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
You Need To Hit Up @twan He'll Listen And Be There For You Emotionally W No Strings Attached, Might Even Dropped By Your Job With Your Fav Snack And A Card That Says "Thought You Could Use A Pick Me Up ;)"