Should I get this personal trainer **prices inside**

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I kinda disagree. The time I spent with my trainer, we did so many types of training styles in that first year - body weight, high volume, supersets/circuits, heavy. I was both seriously outta shape when I started and hadn’t thought about lifting in years (and quite honestly my lifting routine from years prior is laughable looking back on it now...squatting the 40lb bar for years, never progressing my weight...smh). I learned a lot from her programming, in addition to becoming more interested in studying stuff on my own to know why we were doing it, and was able to run with it in sessions outside of her and after I left. You can learn a lot from them as a novice and use it solo as long as you’re able to build the discipline and motivation to keep going and push yourself when not with a trainer.
Fair but also meant I meant more ground zero, day 1 fitness journey. Also sounds like you had a good trainer which I still think a lot aren’t. Either way it goes back to to knowing what you want to get out of it. For example I’m not into cars at all but before going to get a newer one I spent some time researching options, pricing, financing, etc. Saved me time and $ in the end.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Fair but also meant I meant more ground zero, day 1 fitness journey. Also sounds like you had a good trainer which I still think a lot aren’t. Either way it goes back to to knowing what you want to get out of it. For example I’m not into cars at all but before going to get a newer one I spent some time researching options, pricing, financing, etc. Saved me time and $ in the end.
Yea, at the end of the day what you get is a combination of personal motivation/interest and quality of trainer, which are few and far between.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Yea, at the end of the day what you get is a combination of personal motivation/interest and quality of trainer, which are few and far between.
Quality of trainer matters more than all of that. A bogus trainer will cause someone to lose interest or hurt themselves. I've seen a ton of fukk shyt in commercial gyms from trainers and just had to shake my head. Someone paying $30-40 hour for a half hour of some bullshyt:camby:. I would tell someone to pay a little extra and get a coach/trainer not affiliated with a commercial gym.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Quality of trainer matters more than all of that. A bogus trainer will cause someone to lose interest or hurt themselves. I've seen a ton of fukk shyt in commercial gyms from trainers and just had to shake my head. Someone paying $30-40 hour for a half hour of some bullshyt:camby:. I would tell someone to pay a little extra and get a coach/trainer not affiliated with a commercial gym.
Yea those trainers at big box places like LA Fitness and 24 Hour are a joke, dudes just trying to hit a sales quota.

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
I don’t think many people are saying don’t use them. It’s more about using them smart. I wouldn’t start at ground zero with a a trainer. IMO it’s a waste of $ and you become dependent on them.
A good trainer also helps you with your diet in relation to your goal.

Are you trying to put on muscle and gain weight, lose weight?

Daps
Feel like anyone that helps with diet is more useful than someone that helps you workout.

A complete noob needs a PT for real.

Once you have some idea about what you're doing in the gym, you need guidance on nutrition....assuming your goal is to lose weight.

Gaining weight requires more discipline since you don't want to dirty bulk too much unless you're starting at like 130 lbs or some shyt.