Should I go to College

Iceson Beckford

Rich In Spirit.
Daps
Reppin
Dunya
Brehs help, I cant come to a logical conclusion on this :snoop:

I have a place to study International Relations (3 year course). Only thing I want out of University is connections, transferable skills and a degree to get jobs easier/more job security.

The profession I actually want to go into is real estate. Specifically as an Estates Agent or Property Management. I don’t need to go to study for this, just get a drivers licence.

However I know that as Black person without a degree that I’m in a risky place but those three years could be used to make investments and gain experience in my field.

@phcitywarrior @Serious

OfTheCross

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Brehs help, I cant come to a logical conclusion on this :snoop:

I have a place to study International Relations (3 year course). Only thing I want out of University is connections, transferable skills and a degree to get jobs easier/more job security.

The profession I actually want to go into is real estate. Specifically as an Estates Agent or Property Management. I don’t need to go to study for this, just get a drivers licence.

However I know that as Black person without a degree that I’m in a risky place but those three years could be used to make investments and gain experience in my field.

@phcitywarrior @Serious
You can do both. Getting your real estate license is a short process.

Instead of partying and bullshytting in your down time at school, build your Real Estate career.

If that takes off before your finish school, so be it

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
You don't need to go to college to sell real estate and I don't see the point in getting an international relations degree if you want to sell real estate. Get a finance degree or an architecture degree or a civil engineering degree or an urban planning degree as those are the most desired degrees in the real estate industry and are also transferable to other things because plan A will not always work out.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
As a general rule I think most people who are able to do so should go to college. I definitely don't regret it, in fact college was probably the prime of my life. :ehh:

But I would recommend a more marketable major than International Relations. And of course you'll want to keep the debt to a minimum.

Iceson Beckford

Rich In Spirit.
Daps
Reppin
Dunya
You don't need to go to college to sell real estate and I don't see the point in getting an international relations degree if you want to sell real estate. Get a finance degree or an architecture degree or a civil engineering degree or an urban planning degree as those are the most desired degrees in the real estate industry and are also transferable to other things because plan A will not always work out.

I will look into switching my major, not really interested in the whole IR field anyway.

Depends on whether that department wants to accept me really.

Iceson Beckford

Rich In Spirit.
Daps
Reppin
Dunya
As a general rule I think most people who are able to do so should go to college. I definitely don't regret it, in fact college was probably the prime of my life. :ehh:

But I would recommend a more marketable major than International Relations. And of course you'll want to keep the debt to a minimum.

Yeah this is it. College comes with hidden benefits that you don’t always see. EG Networking and just the experience of it.

Will look into switching, didnt know that International Relations was a poor major, a lot of people seem to respect it :yeshrug:

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
Yeah this is it. College comes with hidden benefits that you don’t always see. EG Networking and just the experience of it.

Will look into switching, didnt know that International Relations was a poor major, a lot of people seem to respect it :yeshrug:

IR is a poor major because it requires a master's to be fully employed unless you going to an Ivy or something.

Any major that predominantly reading and writing based aren't worth going to college for unless you planning on being a professor and that's genuinely what you are interested in.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

International Relations is cool if you plan to go to Law School afterwards or you want to go to grad school, but I wouldn't really recommend it for someone who doesn't plan to go beyond a Bachelors.

Iceson Beckford

Rich In Spirit.
Daps
Reppin
Dunya
IR is a poor major because it requires a master's to be fully employed unless you going to an Ivy or something.

Any major that predominantly reading and writing based aren't worth going to college for unless you planning on being a professor and that's genuinely what you are interested in.

International Relations is cool if you plan to go to Law School afterwards or you want to go to grad school, but I wouldn't really recommend it for someone who doesn't plan to go beyond a Bachelors.

I feel you brehs, had some reservations about it myself if I’m being honest.

Will def try and move over to Real Estate or Surveying or something along those lines.

Appreciate the honest advice.