Should I go to College

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
Going to college and getting more education is never a bad thing. Just make sure you don’t go into a ton of debt and utilize that time

That’s good. Also, look into Community colleges and transfer to a state university unless you have money or don’t mind being in debt then apply to a private 4 year university

Depends on the state you’re in, cc has hundreds of resources- free books, free tutoring - free college tours- trade schools - job and college fairs

Last edited:

brandy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Brehs help, I cant come to a logical conclusion on this :snoop:

I have a place to study International Relations (3 year course). Only thing I want out of University is connections, transferable skills and a degree to get jobs easier/more job security.

The profession I actually want to go into is real estate. Specifically as an Estates Agent or Property Management. I don’t need to go to study for this, just get a drivers licence.

However I know that as Black person without a degree that I’m in a risky place but those three years could be used to make investments and gain experience in my field.

@phcitywarrior @Serious

Business or Law would work!

If you can't get accepted, try and see if you can get an apprenticeship or internship under a real estate office for connections and experience.

BornStar

Marathon Continues
Daps
Reppin
N.Y.
You hustling backwards. Have a conversation with yourself about what you truly want.

It's either you will go to college to aquire debt and be a worker for the next 40 years

Or

You can get a job , save up , invest and become your own boss

You see everyone complaining about working a 9-5

nikkas is signing up to pay debt to call a nikka daddy :dame:

There is free education online do your research.

Work to become your own boss

I got cookies nikka:dame:

But for real what kind of person are you. Are you content being a follower? Can you follow directions well? Are you a introvert? Have that deep conversation and find out what you truly want because only you can make the right decision.

Iceson Beckford

Rich In Spirit.
Daps
Reppin
Dunya
You hustling backwards. Have a conversation with yourself about what you truly want.

It's either you will go to college to aquire debt and be a worker for the next 40 years

Or

You can get a job , save up , invest and become your own boss

You see everyone complaining about working a 9-5

nikkas is signing up to pay debt to call a nikka daddy :dame:

There is free education online do your research.

Work to become your own boss

I got cookies nikka:dame:

But for real what kind of person are you. Are you content being a follower? Can you follow directions well? Are you a introvert? Have that deep conversation and find out what you truly want because only you can make the right decision.

The aim is to have active side investments and my own property management business by 30.

I don’t want to be doing the 9-5 for decades but I’m not too convinced I’m ready to go straight into the workforce right now:francis:

BornStar

Marathon Continues
Daps
Reppin
N.Y.
The aim is to have active side investments and my own property management business by 30.

I don’t want to be doing the 9-5 for decades but I’m not too convinced I’m ready to go straight into the workforce right now:francis:

So you are going to go to college to then proceed into the work field?

Check the statistics on people who went to college and are working in their original field of choice.

I'm not saying this to down college

Just my opinion, do your own research my g.

Iceson Beckford

Rich In Spirit.
Daps
Reppin
Dunya
So you are going to go to college to then proceed into the work field?

Check the statistics on people who went to college and are working in their original field of choice.

I'm not saying this to down college

Just my opinion, do your own research my g.

Thats what I’m leaning towards right now.

I’m going to have to be an employee for a certain period but the aim is to get my own shyt but equally I have to weigh up the risk.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
@Iceson Beckford

This is a personal choice. On the balance, I think if you can go to a good college with little to no debt, then you should. I think it's also important to study what you like/are interested in, but also ensure you have skills that are in demand in the job market.

Also, I can't stress the importance of having multiple internships before you graduate. It'll help when it comes time to getting a job post grad.

I just got back from my younger sister's graduation from an Ivy league. Network is very, very important. College is one of the easiest ways to tap into a solid network.

Side note: I see you're interested in international affairs. I'll say this, if you aren't interested in pursuing that degree at the Master's level then just forget about it. It's kinda like Psychology. You have to get an advanced degree if you want to study in the field.

Iceson Beckford

Rich In Spirit.
Daps
Reppin
Dunya
@phcitywarrior Appreciate the reply breh.

Decided I will 100% percent go. I will try and change my major to either business or something in the real estate field.

Thanks everyone for the great advice :salute: