Should Mayweather consider fighting Cotto again, if Cotto fights and beats Alvarez and/or Martinez?

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
I think that would be a hot fight for boxing if Mayweather fought Cotto again. I'm watching their first fight right now and Floyd was outboxing the fukk outta Cotto the first few rounds. I don't know if the same would happen a second time around.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Mayweather will fight him MUCH different and better the next time. Cotto fought him good, but not as good as people make it.
Watching this fight again, I think Floyd dominated a lot more than people realize. I think Floyd was winded this fight, which is why he fought on the ropes so much toward the middle of the fight.

Ultimate Warrior

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
**snorts82828seconds**

Floyd was playin possum due to the previous fight with ortiz, he knew what he was doin, he played it safe and let cotto do what he was doin, he controlled the whole fight

how cotto can get worked by pacman, then fight floyd, and do more than he did in he pacman fight?

floyd owed the fans a fight and he gave what looked like a fight to them

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang
I don't want to see that again.... No storyline to it. I want to see him face Tim Bradley but since he is a Bob Arum fighter, it likely won't happen.

Last edited:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Mayweather will fight him MUCH different and better the next time. Cotto fought him good, but not as good as people make it.
Mayweather was fighting to impress HBO/Showtime for his next record breaking contract Stewart knew Mayweather was toying with the whole night

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
**snorts82828seconds**

Floyd was playin possum due to the previous fight with ortiz, he knew what he was doin, he played it safe and let cotto do what he was doin, he controlled the whole fight

how cotto can get worked by pacman, then fight floyd, and do more than he did in he pacman fight?

floyd owed the fans a fight and he gave what looked like a fight to them
Floyd was fighting for HBO also, they were the main ones criticizing Floyd for being boring not throwing combos and such, and your right they were on overkill post Ortiz, and had the upperhand cause he was fighting for a contract then, so Floyd had to make it exciting, nikka back off after buckling Cotto like on 3 separate occasions that match

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Cotto gave Mayweather a decent beating.
But 2 things:

1. Cotto is mainly a body puncher, and I don't think he can land to the body consistently enough for it to pay off in the later rounds against Mayweather
2. Cotto is too stationary a fighter and easily hittable. If they fought again, it'd be the same fight. Cotto trying to smother Mayweather in a corner. He'll land the occasional hard punch, but Mayweather would counter and jab around him.

The fight would make money, but the outcome would be the same.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
there has to be a storyline attached to it..like for instance if cotto faces sergio and beats him for the middleweight title then you can sell it as floyd has a chance to face and beat the man at 160..outside of that may-cotto 2 is not attractive to me since cotto lost pretty clearly