Should the Democrats throw a hail mary in 2020 and run an ultra-liberal candidate?

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Contrary to popular belief (:skip:), i dont believe that Trump is gonna tank the country in the next 4 years. there are enough layers between him and the important decisions that are gonna prevent any major fukkups, and its probably gonna be business as usual. and even if he doesn't do well, his moronic base has already convinced themselves that they're 'winning' just because he's in the white house

so the question is what do the dems do in 2020? do they run some cucknidate like Tim Kaine as a sacrificial lamb? is it worth wasting a worthy moderate candidate in 2020, kind of running a parallel to what the repubs did with romney in 2012?

i honestly think they should run a hardcore, no bullshyt liberal to see what happens. someone with bernies platform who openly says shyt like 'i want to legalize marijuana' , free healthcare, etc

whats the correct play? :jbhmm:

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
Contrary to popular belief (:skip:), i dont believe that Trump is gonna tank the country in the next 4 years. there are enough layers between him and the important decisions that are gonna prevent any major fukkups, and its probably gonna be business as usual. and even if he doesn't do well, his moronic base has already convinced themselves that they're 'winning' just because he's in the white house

so the question is what do the dems do in 2020? do they run some cucknidate like Tim Kaine as a sacrificial lamb? is it worth wasting a worthy moderate candidate in 2020, kind of running a parallel to what the repubs did with romney in 2012?

i honestly think they should run a hardcore, no bullshyt liberal to see what happens. someone with bernies platform who openly says shyt like 'i want to legalize marijuana' , free healthcare, etc

whats the correct play? :jbhmm:
I would think it would play well.

Democrats lose because they let republicans control the narrative and ergo, their policy proposals.

This is what happened in Canada. Trudeau replaced conservative Harper and stated some of the same goals.

You put up a milquetoast status quo politician you will lose.

Trump has shown this is a losing strategy. Unfortunately I've heard too often the rational for Trump being a tard as being "well at least he is doing something" as if all abnormal actions are good regardless of their effectiveness or morality. We should at least exploit this lazy thinking to put in place someone who would make society a better place.

Rout3r2035

Superstar
Daps
This country is center-left. Running a centrist or 80s-Republican-equivalent is completely irrational.

Tate

Kae☭ernick Loyalist
Daps
Here's the rub; pretty much anybody who isn't a fukking ghoul like Hillary can beat trump. This is because trump is comically stupid and childish. But if we get another neolib in 2020, the underlying issue is still there.

You cant charisma away the alienation and decay rooted in late capitalism. Beating trump in the short term doesn't destroy the intellectual currents that coalesced around his rise or the social base that supported him. If trump was more polished and not an idiot, he'd have won by 15 points.

Read Bannon. Read the American Conservative. Trumpism is stronger than Trump. And every year we stick to the neoliberal consensus it gets stronger

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Except, Bernie didn't come close to winning.

The only way Dems have won the White House in the last 50 years was though third-way politics.

Hillary just had baggage. Her platform wasn't the problem, it was her.
no one is talking about whillary, but i see your conscience eating away at you

are you gonna address the question? or are you gonna run tim kaine in 2020 and get your ass handed to you again? because it is the corporate whores like yourself who are going to be against taking the risk of a bernie type candidate

maybe im wrong and it would be a terrible strategy. im not even saying it would work, it would just be interesting given the circumstances if trumps 4 years is moderate and him winning again looks imminent

whoever they run, it cant be any worse than your candidate was in 2016 :mjlol:

Menelik II

I wanna see receipts!
Daps
NO - because US is not a left wing country. This is very clear. It is libertarian to some degree, but not liberal. Americans hate equality - just the concept of 2 sports teams 'drawing' is insane to most people

there is little real difference between the GOP and dems, they are both rich right wing authoritarian, and occupy the same space on the political spectrum, however the GOP are religion centric.

A left libertarian will be much 'better' in terms of new direction but Its too much for the party to gamble. Bernie was closest to this and Dems froze him out.. A true liberal leader is almost impossible to execute, due to the huge corporate interest in US politics. It would be followed by a huge overhaul in the system

Superstar
Daps
The only way Dems have won the White House in the last 50 years was though third-way politics.

Exactly. In the last 50 years. The post-WW2 neoliberal honeymoon is over. Even Trump saw the writing on the wall when he jettisoned his party's commitment to free trade---a commitment they had since Reagan.

Millennials are now approaching their 30s and they don't want a "middle way." They want the optimal way. No compromises.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
NO - because US is not a left wing country. This is very clear. It is libertarian to some degree, but not liberal. Americans hate equality - just the concept of 2 sports teams 'drawing' is insane to most people

there is little real difference between the GOP and dems, they are both rich right wing authoritarian, and occupy the same space on the political spectrum, however the GOP are religion centric.

A left libertarian will be much 'better' in terms of new direction but Its too much for the party to gamble. Bernie was closest to this and Dems froze him out.. A true liberal leader is almost impossible to execute, due to the huge corporate interest in US politics. It would be followed by a huge overhaul in the system
wait a second breh, this is from the millennial thread

1. Profit-sharing over a federal minimum wage increase 1:18
2. Tax-codes without loopholes for the wealthy 14:00
3. Infrastructure investments above Military and NASA spending 17:05
4. Tariffs and economic protectionism to prevent outsourcing jobs 17:20
5. End middle-eastern wars 20:17
6. Supports Gun Ownership 23:55
7. Supports Gun background checks 26:00
8. Does not support "open carry" movements 2926
9. Ending the War on drugs, instead he supports drug rehabilitation 36:29
10. Is against "Citizens United Decision" 38:31
11. Is pro-choice 41:40
12. Is pro-environmental protection 42:19

you cannot sit there and tell me that this is some ridiculous hippie platform that half of the country doesnt fukk with :dead:

and im not saying it would win. all i asked is would you have any interest in seeing the dems run someone like this in 2020, when a loss is imminent anyway, for the fukk of it :ehh: