#ShoutYourStatus: A social media movement to destigmatize people with STDs

agnosticlady

AL loves da kids : )
Daps
This is sad....You shouldn't be ashamed because you HIV/AIDS, but people need to keep their private business to themselves. EVEEYBODY does not need to know your business .Someone could be looking to hire and see this shyt. Goodness I swear people are stupid.

Giselle

Daps
Yeah... If you really think about it; encouraging this might not be a bad thing

People will start using abstinence for real...
Not if they see stds as normal and aren't afraid of them.

Would y'all rather have people keep thier std
status hidden :ehh:

It's not about keeping it hidden or revealing it. People are supposed to reveal it to their possible sex partners before sex.

The bad part is the idiotic reasons/justifications/cause behind why they're dong it. They're trying to make stds seem more normal and make people feel less afraid and disgusted by them. That won't do anything but hurt everyone if it ever becomes normal. More people will care less about having stds. If they want to help someone, they should be saying "yes I have an std, use protection and/or don't sleep around" not "yes I have an std and so do lots of other people, it's normal and you shouldn't treat me any different, I can still sleep with anyone I want."

You would be amazed who around you has or had an STD. I seen ignorant comments on here talking as if you cant catch an STD. Its not about the number of sex partners.

You can't catch an STD if you don't have sex. & you are much less likely to if you use condoms and don't sleep around. The number of sex partners does matter.

Which std do you have? I'm guessing herpes. #Shoutyourstatus

Either that or you've dated/ are dating someone with herpes knowing that they had it.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
I mean... on one hand, I don't think it's something to be ashamed of. Contracting herpes is no different than contracting any other virus. We all have sex, some people get unlucky. It is what it is, imo.

However, being proud of having an STD? Nah, breh. Nah. Trying to push STD acceptance is not gonna fly. I'm allowed to not wanna fukk a bytch with herpes without being called a bigot, just like I wouldn't kiss someone who had the flu.

|r|e|a|d|

Hail!!
Daps
Reppin
PJ's to the Burbs
be delusional brehs...the ppl in this country are out their minds....liberal cacs next movement..."you're a bigot for not wanting to have sex with somebody with hiv"

This is why White American women are by far them most useless group in the world :mjlol:

They've been in a bubble of privilege so long that they're brains are starting to rot
Shyt like this is why i've been recently thunking that we need a f'n war, not sum shyt on the other side of the world we get to watch on the daily news. Im talking bout real at your door, hiding in binkers from invading army war. We need a reset to get folks heads out of their collective asses.

WTF std shaming are you f'n kidding me?

Ive said it for years feminism is seriously sum sort of mental disorder