Shutter Island (2010)

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I remember reading the book by Dennis Lehane (Mystic River, Live By The Gun, Gone Baby Gone) in summer 2009, and I loved it, except the ending, and I remember thinking, foolishly that Scorcese would change that horrible ending.

Obviously, he didn't, and I found the movie an enjoyable watch, well made, well acted, but not exceptional.

RARI_Godwind

St. BAWGustine - DarkSkxxxn
Daps
:ohhh:

I just (re)watched this two days ago. When it first came out I caught the direction it was going in the first 20-30 minutes but was still rocking with it to see how it played out. I’d recommend if you like psychological thrillers and things you got to dig through mentally in your films. Connect all the dots sort of thing.

Watched some film analysis too just to see if I missed anything. The relationship between fire and water in this is:wow:

blockboy504

LSU Tigers
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans/Dallas
I remember reading the book by Dennis Lehane (Mystic River, Live By The Gun, Gone Baby Gone) in summer 2009, and I loved it, except the ending, and I remember thinking, foolishly that Scorcese would change that horrible ending.

Obviously, he didn't, and I found the movie an enjoyable watch, well made, well acted, but not exceptional.
Haven’t read the book I might have to :ohhh:

CourtesyFlush

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm a huge Dicaprio and horror fan so I loved the setting for the film, but with that said it was kind of dull and didn't really go anywhere...one of the rare misses for leo and Scorsese

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
I remember liking it a lot. I can't comment on replay value though because of my rule of watching movies once only.

(until I get my dream home theater)

But yeah, I thought it was great and would love to see more horror leaning from Scorcese.

Smokin Rider

I been official
Daps
Reppin
Seattle SuperChronic
I thought it was a great movie but only watched it once. I agree with the replay value factor. I watched inception once as well and loved it but have no urge to go back.