SI: Floyd Mayweather highest-paid

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fortunate 50: Highest-Earning Athlete, Floyd Mayweather Jr., Talks Money

The 50 highest-earning American athletes - 2013 Fortunate 50 - SI.com

When welterweight Floyd Mayweather was No. 1 on Sports Illustrated’s Fortunate 50 last year—knocking out Tiger Woods, who had been No. 1 every year since SI started producing the list in 2004—it looked like a fluke, the result of the $85 million he received for his fights with Victor Ortiz and Miguel Cotto. Now Mayweather is proving that he belongs at the top. From just two bouts this year, one earlier this month and the other scheduled for September, he will earn at least $90 million, and that’s conservative; he could make as much as $128 million.

There are other notable shifts this year. LeBron James (No. 2) passed Kobe Bryant (No. 4). Tiger Woods (No. 5) is back above Phil Mickelson (No. 6)—thanks to $4 million more in tour winnings. Drew Brees wasn’t on last year’s list but he burst into the top five thanks to a $37 million signing bonus from his new contract.

The findings consist solely of salary, winnings, bonuses and endorsements. SI consulted players’ associations, tour records, online databases, agents and media reports. The endorsement estimates come from a stable of marketing executives, agents and other experts, including Burns Entertainment & Sports Marketing.

Candidates for the Fortunate 50 must be U.S. citizens or play in a U.S.—based league. Endorsements reflect current deals, and salaries are based on current or most recently completed seasons; for instance, for NFL players the season that ended in February was used. (Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco’s new deal, which will pay him $20.1 million next season, isn’t reflected.) For auto racing and tennis, prize money came from the 2012 calendar year. Golf earnings are from July 1, 2012 through April 21, 2013. Boxing purses are from August 2012 through May 2013 (but projected money from bouts through September was included since fight deals are done on a yearly basis).

Read More: The 50 highest-earning American athletes - 2013 Fortunate 50 - SI.com

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
whats crazy about this on espn they had a list it showed salary then endorsements
mayweather 90 mill endorsements 0

GoFlipAPack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I didnt realize how much basketballplayers get taxed :wow: i wonder how much they take home after taxes

GoFlipAPack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
whats crazy about this on espn they had a list it showed salary then endorsements
mayweather 90 mill endorsements 0

yea i remember 50 saying outside of boxing floyd has no other source of income

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Where's Top Rank's cash cow that is so loaded with cash that he can turn down $40 million ranked?

:heh:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Floyd ios winning made 90 million for easy work, smashing Miss Jackson, got back with his thick bodied ex for mothers day, can this man take a L

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
Floyd is the Lil Wayne of boxing. Yrs from now people will look back and wonder why he was so popular. I just don't get it. Last fight I brought of Floyd's was probably De la hoya. But he benefits from the social media culture of today. He basically sells fights for what he does and say outside of the ring.