Sick And Tired Of These Black Movies Being All The Same

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Or crime shyt... Drug dealing, criminal activities, etc.,

I made a post in the Film Room about Power and how I cant get into it. Of course all the power lovers came to its defense, but im just like its the same "grew up in the hood selling dope trying to become legit" shyt. Thats not the average black person life.

This is why im interested in Donald Glovers "Atlanta" show and "The Get Down". I wanna see different shyt. Even "ATL" and "Dope" was dope and different to me even if drugs and crime were apart of it, it wasn't about that.
Even Classics like Friday, we dont make movies like that no more

Im about to watch ATL right now actually. Classic movie
The barbershop is really the only good black movie thats not the run-of-the-mill drug kingpin story or the romantic tyler perry type of shyt thats popular these days.

I have no problem with movies that involve crime and drugs but when that's the central theme if the movie it gets monotonous :yeshrug:
And alot of times it's not even the subgenre of a movie, it's the cliche dialogue, acting and predictable story lines that make a movie suck
Reminder: Will Smith literally turned down The Matrix for Wild Wild West :snoop:
That was a bad move by will smith

But Imo Keanu reeves in the matrix was a better choice for a number of reasons

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
More movies need to be shown from a black man perspective.Women have Tyler Perry.We need movies about Brothers trying to make it in world.Enough chick flicks :camby:

Its economics ...... black women will go and see a black romance/thriller ....... less financial risk

personally Im not interested in any romantic flick .... dont care whos in it

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i really want to see a movie set in africa pre-colonization like things fall apart. That would be pretty cool.
But Hollywood would never take that risk. Its up to nollywood to mae that happen if you ask me.

A black superhero and scifi movie sounds cool in theory, but its risky cuz you're gonna alienate a lot of people:mjpls:. (unless its based on previous material like Blade or BlackPanther, or its starring someone that draws a huge crowd like will smith samuel l jackson denzel etc etc)

And Since sci fi and action flicks tend to have expensive budgets, good luck getting a return. Not to mention the number of black folk globally that are into sci-fi like that is lower than whites or asians. :yeshrug: you'll likely be at a huge loss, but you never know:ld:

again, nothing wrong with hood movies or romantic thrillers or romantic comedies. They're cool, they just need better writers. We need more black writers and film makers to allow young black actors to showcase their talent. Of course we need financing too but that a whole different topic. :beli::francis:

Thats how guys like denzel and wesley and samuel l jackson were able to make it big; b/c of black writers and directors. You see it now with Ryan Coogler and MBJ.

But Then again most movies right now arent that good. Television is shytting on the big screen right now imo. My mom put me on to Greenleaf, it's a dope ass show btw :whew:

BedRoomI'z

All Money In
Daps
Reppin
South Memphis
It would be ill to see a Black Sy-Fy movie like for real.

It's like Hollywood don't expect is to branch out beyond the bucking and fukking:francis:

GoPro

EscoBeard Season Has Returned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
It would be ill to see a Black Sy-Fy movie like for real.

It's like Hollywood don't expect is to branch out beyond the bucking and fukking:francis:

Only Will da Gawd has been holding it down for the sci-fi/thrillers. Maybe Drake can make that crossover :mjlol:, he already has the rapper/slash tv show creds. I can see it now...

"NewLine Cinema presents an epic new tale. Mars is on collision path with Earth. The world turns to the one man who can prevent certain armageddon, [drake voice over]'Its Drizzy baby', but first they must revive him from his stupor caused by losing the love of his life. "

When Worlds Collide" Coming Soon"

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And all white movies are the same too.

Hollywood ain't green lighting anything these days, that's remotely on the left field side.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
We don't have no action movies, or horror movies. Just the tired old romantic comedies/dramas or slave films. :francis: That shyt been played out since the early 00's, I wish these producers would get more creative with their shyt.
Blame that on consumers and idk if its a shortage of black writers. Forgot about the church too. Greenleaf is crack though.

• Dap
Reactions: I'z