Sick And Tired Of These Black Movies Being All The Same

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps

Ain't gon front this one looks kinda good.

Bruh these two movies below are basically the same story.. a crazy woman staying with a family and lusting after the husband.

All these talented black actors playing the same role their entire careers. Ain't even know Kuroochee was in movies.

Now below is a black movie that I know I was going to see the first time I saw the trailer. Taraji P henson, Janelle Monae, etc playing black engineers and scientists working at NASA.

Now it's the typical downtrodden underdog black people coming out on top, but it's better than these romantic comedy, family drama that's always being churned out.

collateral.

Rookie
Supporter
Daps
We don't have no action movies, or horror movies. Just the tired old romantic comedies/dramas or slave films. :francis: That shyt been played out since the early 00's, I wish these producers would get more creative with their shyt.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
We don't have no action movies, or horror movies. Just the tired old romantic comedies/dramas or slave films. :francis: That shyt been played out since the early 00's, I wish these producers would get more creative with their shyt.
Or crime shyt... Drug dealing, criminal activities, etc.,

I made a post in the Film Room about Power and how I cant get into it. Of course all the power lovers came to its defense, but im just like its the same "grew up in the hood selling dope trying to become legit" shyt. Thats not the average black person life.

This is why im interested in Donald Glovers "Atlanta" show and "The Get Down". I wanna see different shyt. Even "ATL" and "Dope" was dope and different to me even if drugs and crime were apart of it, it wasn't about that.
Even Classics like Friday, we dont make movies like that no more

Im about to watch ATL right now actually. Classic movie