Sin Cara Wants His Face Back, Asks for Release; UPDATE: Release Granted

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
true. it's all on the wrestlers for signing long term.

in fairness to most of them however, Dean Ambrose had the benefit of making over $2 million per year for at least 4 years in a row before leaving (according to Forbes). so it's easy for someone like him, who is financially set for life now, to make the decision he made. the average WWE wrestler making $500k isn't going to make that type of money anywhere else so they will be much more hesitant to leave.

really the only people AEW can pay better is the lower card talent like Sin Cara. the WWE guys like him who are signed to the basic, main roster contract of $100k guaranteed and are just sitting backstage never being used and with no merchandise, etc.. those guys can go to AEW and likely make more.

You're totally right. I feel at point though, the contract bubble is going to burst. Outside of the Saudi Arabia and Fox Deal, they are bleeding money. So a mass release is due here within the next year or two I’d say. It’s only so long he can get away with it with investors before they coming calling.

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
I just don't see how you have people still stanning this company knowing all this.

Especially Black people:scust:

The Great One

Swag Surfin
Daps
You're totally right. I feel at point though, the contract bubble is going to burst. Outside of the Saudi Arabia and Fox Deal, they are bleeding money. So a mass release is due here within the next year or two I’d say. It’s only so long he can get away with it with investors before they coming calling.
They are not bleeding money lol, in addition to the ones you mentioned:

USA Deal
WWE Network which brings in like 10 million a month by itself
Merchandise revenue which increases every quarter

etc....

The Rainmaker

Mr. Money in the Bank
Daps
So who's gonna be Sin Cara III? Who's got that botching spirit running through him?

The Great One

Swag Surfin
Daps
where is this idea folks here keep regurgitating coming from lol
No idea, people out here acting like they are going out of buisness.

The only thing the Saudi deal is doing is allowing them to keep 200 lower mid card guys employed. Guys they would have released 10 years ago. Like they need Sin Cara and Oney Lorcan :hhh:

OVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
No idea, people out here acting like they are going out of buisness.

The only thing the Saudi deal is doing is allowing them to keep 200 lower mid card guys employed. Guys they would have released 10 years ago. Like they need Sin Cara and Oney Lorcan :hhh:
They still got The Shining Stars/Colons?

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
They are not bleeding money lol, in addition to the ones you mentioned:

USA Deal
WWE Network which brings in like 10 million a month by itself
Merchandise revenue which increases every quarter

etc....

Merchandise is down actually as well as ratings and live events along with other things. Those things that you mentioned are helping to prop up the company regardless of whether people want to admit it or not.

Pay attention to the numbers and you’ll see for yourself. Television companies are not going to keep paying outrageous amount of money for declining ratings. Why else do you think there was panic with ratings even with the money flowing in?

Last edited:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
where is this idea folks here keep regurgitating coming from lol

I never said they were going out of business, but it’s obvious there’s problems that the Network and Saudi money is helping to mask. Fox could have easily put an out clause in the contract to give them an out, then what happens?

The NBA has TV revenue flowing is as well, yet they are having the same issues as WWE with attendance and declining viewership.

Last edited: