Single Moms Bout To Take A Pay Cut Child Support Laws Change Taking Both Parents Income Into Account

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
Starting in July 2017 in Illinois, child support law changes will begin to take effect.

-Both parents income will be calculated together to see how much both parents will pay (before if the mom had full or majority custody her income will not be calculated).

-If the parent with less custody has the children for 148 days in a year, they will pay considerably less child support after the law change.

And some other things too.

The law change will combine both parent's income and state that the child receives 20% of both incomes combined. So this law will hurt women who solely depend on the man's income or women who make more then enough to take care of a child. The law also takes government assistance as income.

Last edited:

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
What gravy train? Do ya'll know the actual numbers for child support or do u just listen to Brotales and celebrity ancedotes?

Like nearly 48% of single moms don't even get child support already. I think only 52% receive it and 34% of men.

The child support scam has always been overexaggerated.

Find Out How Much Child Support the Average Single Parent Really Gets

Edit: but also :ehh: I'm okay with the law.

wickedsm

Auntie Mozelle
Supporter
Daps
Ummm they already do calculate the mom's income :dahell: at least in the states I have to pay in :mjcry:

they definatly been taking both parents income into account in Ct and Va and NC too

eta
as a matter of fact in Virginia if neither parent works they will impute a 40 hr minimum wage for both of you

yall believe all kinds of cs ducktales that yall hear
:francis: