Single Moms Bout To Take A Pay Cut Child Support Laws Change Taking Both Parents Income Into Account

*Angel*

Frozen Flames Goddess
Daps
Reppin
Goddess power
Without reading the article, I think accounting both incomes is a good idea. I had friends with kids who didn't even finish college bc child support alone was paying their bills. Child support should be help, not a crutch.

Anywho, glad I don't have these problems.

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
What gravy train? Do ya'll know the actual numbers for child support or do u just listen to Brotales and celebrity ancedotes?

Like nearly 48% of single moms don't even get child support already. I think only 52% receive it and 34% of men.

The child support scam has always been overexaggerated.

Find Out How Much Child Support the Average Single Parent Really Gets

Edit: but also :ehh: I'm okay with the law.

Not all single mothers run to the courts to have/enforce child support. :claud:

Be careful interpreting stats.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Starting in July 2017 in Illinois, child support law changes will begin to take effect.

-Both parents income will be calculated together to see how much both parents will pay (before if the mom had full or majority custody her income will not be calculated).

-If the parent with less custody has the children for 148 days in a year, they will pay considerably less child support after the law change.

And some other things too.

The law change will combine both parent's income and state that the child receives 20% of both incomes combined. So this law will hurt women who solely depend on the man's income or women who make more then enough to take care of a child. The law also takes government assistance as income.

About Damn Time - LBJ

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
Not all single mothers run to the courts to have/enforce child support. :claud:

Be careful interpreting stats.
They counted informal arrangements too.

• 10.2% are informal child support agreements established between the two parents.
I just want people to be better informed. We're a generation raised by Jerry Springer "who the daddy" shenanigans and it's skewed our perception. There are far too many lies and exaggerations surrounding single parenthood, and custody and many are driven by pointless gender battles.

This idea that majority of single moms are getting bank is insulting and inaccurate.
Edit: I keep forgetting to mention tho that I actually don't mind laws that try to establish more fairness for fathers b/c I know the abuses do happen. But it's not as prevalent as we've been led to believe. Truth is stranger than fiction.

Daps
Reppin
St louis
I dont have children or live in illinois.
:manny:

wat6rr.jpg

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
They counted informal arrangements too.

• 10.2% are informal child support agreements established between the two parents.
I just want people to be better informed. We're a generation raised by Jerry Springer "who the daddy" shenanigans and it's skewed our perception. There are far too many lies and exaggerations surrounding single parenthood, and custody and many are driven by pointless gender battles.

This idea that majority of single moms are getting bank is insulting and inaccurate.
Edit: I keep forgetting to mention tho that I actually don't mind laws that try to establish more fairness for fathers b/c I know the abuses do happen. But it's not as prevalent as we've been led to believe. Truth is stranger than fiction.

Poignant statement.

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.
North Carolina...is a funny state as far as child support.

There's already rumblings that they're looking at the possibility of taking a cut from payments to keep child support enforcement humming as operating costs are escalating YOY.