Skincare/Beauty/Haircare Random Thoughts

Daps
No ma’am! Moment of Truth: I have a collector mindset, so I tend to go ham. My collection started in 2020 and I have been going nonstop. I’m trying to simmer down. Like you, I’m a skin person, but Covid got me into blushes, highlighters, and shadows. I don’t even wear them that much, smh.

And ooh nice choices! Have you tried the retinol before? That interests me because I’m dealing with hyperpigmentation from hormonal acne. Not much, but it’s bothersome and I like to go makeup free most days.

same, a lot of my makeups are probably expired tbh. i need to clean the drawer out. But yeah i like shani's retinol.... this is my 3rd bottle, i believe it's one of the highest percentage retinol products aside from a prescription. i didn't really have any skin issues but i am getting older so i decided to ramp up on the skin care. I notice it does give me a really clear "fresh" faced look. less tired

Gloxwencha

On @Gloxina Neck
Daps
Reppin
Miami
Anyone into indie makeup? BTW, I just bought Pat McGrath bronzers and now I am on bronzer kick. I bought Desert Glow, Bronze Divinity and Burnished Honey from Pat. Gucci Bronzer in 4-Tan, and a Sephora bronzer in Ibiza. My bronzer collection is already crazy, but I have more on my wishlist.

Frolickingmami

I'm back sukkasssss
Daps
I'm curious to see if people are actually doing this no oil/butters thingy on their hair...

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
You ladies ever try Kenya Moore’s haircare line? Any standout products?

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
For longer curls, do you wear a turban? Or do you keep a durag on?

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
Soap - Castelbel, it's a massive bar and last very long due to its size and being triple milled, also never dries out my skin

Body lotion- neutrogena norwegian formula

For Hair: coconut oil with multiple drops of lavender,rosemary and cedarwood essential oils mixed in

Oh and I drink plenty of water

Sassy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Just tried the IL Makiage makeup I received yesterday. I ain't gonna lie - I thought they was capping when they said you could get a foundation that matches your skintone exactly. But I decided to try it anyway since I needed new foundation.

I was surprised that it did match my skin tone. Like down to the tee :ohhh:

My cousin who's a cosmetologist almost couldn't tell the difference between my left cheek (on my face before y'all start!) Where I applied the makeup and my right cheek bare for comparison. And I didn't even blend it as well as I could've since I used my fingers and just wanted tontry it in the trial period.

I'm back in the game baby! :blessed:

Coolin'

All Star
Daps
Any brehs/brehettes here use black soap? Just saw it in the store and it’s like $7 for 1 bar, but it’s pretty large. I’ve read good things about it but I never know if the reviews are from Black people.

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Just tried the IL Makiage makeup I received yesterday. I ain't gonna lie - I thought they was capping when they said you could get a foundation that matches your skintone exactly. But I decided to try it anyway since I needed new foundation.

I was surprised that it did match my skin tone. Like down to the tee :ohhh:

My cousin who's a cosmetologist almost couldn't tell the difference between my left cheek (on my face before y'all start!) Where I applied the makeup and my right cheek bare for comparison. And I didn't even blend it as well as I could've since I used my fingers and just wanted tontry it in the trial period.

I'm back in the game baby! :blessed:
I love their lips, got a consult done when they opened their store in Soho and was mostly pleased.

Sassy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I love their lips, got a consult done when they opened their store in Soho and was mostly pleased.
I was considering their lipstick at one point...but then I remembered I still have my Mac lipsticks and haven't used them much as i should 😅:russ:

Daps
anybody else hittin up the sephora sale? why i tried to reup on my laura mercier tinted moisterizer and they sold out on the first few hours. lol, i used to think my skin was a different unique shade but i think this confirms i'm just a basic beige bish 😓

back at it again! courtesy of my sister who has like a million dollars in sephora credit for whatever reason.

she got me:
olaplex 0 and 3 :queen:
2 tubing mascaras :wink:
a dior lip oil 💄
and some beauty blender stuff.

I never tried tubing mascara before but it's amazing, might not go back to regular!