Slate: Michael Jordan is exactly who I thought he was.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We don't know any of these players. The second any of them shed the facade of basketball greatness and show a bit of their vulnerable human side, we deride them for it (see KD and his burner accounts). Sports is an escape from mundane existence for most, and we want the players, in turn, to be monolithic, larger than life figures. If they seem too much like us, we question what the fukk we're doing with our selves and why we aren't as successful. I don't know shyt about who a LeBron really is, because he, masterfully and intelligently, has manicured his public persona. I don't blame him and I don't blame MJ for making sure basketball, sneakers, and movies are their legacy.

Back to this liquor, and Netflix for me, now
WsqF1Qh.png
You don't want to hear Juanita talking about MJ coming home from a 5 game road trip and going straight to bed, not asking how her week was:unimpressed:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
You don't want to hear Juanita talking about MJ coming home from a 5 game road trip and going straight to bed, not asking how her week with the kids was:unimpressed:
Y'all gon neg me for this: I haven't watched a single episode of Last Dance yet
WsqF1Qh.png

In my defense, I was saving it to binge all the way through:whoa:

Y'all gon neg me regardless:mjcry:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Juanita wasn't in it
I figured:manny:
Just from what I've seen as far as social media reaction to this doc, I expect it to be about basketball. As a sports fan, I'm more than ok with that. My boys have been shytting on me for not watching week to week, but they're shytting on me because we can't discuss age old BASKETBALL debates. They're not shytting on me because of our inability to talk about Mike's personal foibles.

That said, I would love a look into the off the court facet of Mike's life, but I can't use the absence of that aspect in this documentary against the man:yeshrug:

Edit:
Negged for spoilers:mjtf:

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Y'all gon neg me for this: I haven't watched a single episode of Last Dance yet
WsqF1Qh.png

In my defense, I was saving it to binge all the way through:whoa:

Y'all gon neg me regardless:mjcry:

I should neg you for being #Doloresgang :ufdup:

blankstairz

Superstar
Daps
So in a JORDAN heavily featured doc that was showing a bunch of shyt about him in 84, 85, etc..was shown

However, the woman who was influential in his life is not in the DOC. That terrible MJ movie from the 90s even stated how important she was to him. They got a 10 hourt doc fam. Cant juelz about why she was completely ghost...unless you accept as Straight Outta Compton levels of controllin the narrative.

R.I.P to the security guard...but even he and his wife got a spot
edit: I dont care about the shyt from slate or others hating. His ex wife deserved some level of shout out

Maybe she didn't want to be in it? :manny:

Just a thought. :manny:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Maybe she didn't want to be in it? :manny:

Just a thought. :manny:
The original point was that his wife should be mentioned during that time. To have her completly ghost when at the time that was "Black couple excellence" is an oversight :yeshrug:

As the post mentioned...One of the biggest thoughts is she was the one who could reel Jordan in during those times. That would have been interesting to explore, but again....we're talking a mention.

Ok, I get it, now. Fans of Lebron just want to know if there is a softer side to Jordan. How is he in intimate times of passion? Is he a cuddler? Does he like soft, sensual kisses? Does he yearn to hear Juanita breathe?

I know what makes #TeamBron tick:mjgrin:
How many daps are you seeking breh :picard:

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
The original point was that his wife should be mentioned during that time. To have her completly ghost when at the time that was "Black couple excellence" is an oversight :yeshrug:

As the post mentioned...One of the biggest thoughts is she was the one who could reel Jordan in during those times. That would have been interesting to explore, but again....we're talking a mention.

How many daps are you seeking breh :picard:
I dont need to dap fish:win:

blankstairz

Superstar
Daps

Breh, she might have requested to remain completely out of it. No appearances, no mentions. And Jordan respected it.

It is not out of the realm of possibility. It does happen. :manny: