Slate: Michael Jordan is exactly who I thought he was.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Ok, I get it, now. Fans of Lebron just want to know if there is a softer side to Jordan. How is he in intimate times of passion? Is he a cuddler? Does he like soft, sensual kisses? Does he yearn to hear Juanita breathe?

I know what makes #TeamBron tick:mjgrin:

Kobe’s funeral already showed MJs soft side. Felt like that was the most human we’ve seen MJ.

These Bron fakkits probably didn’t watch it though cuz they hate both of em :mjlol:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The ability to make everything on this board about Lebron is extraordinary.
Wow. Some of you are truly sick.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
I don't think that's shallow at all.

In fact his pursuit and desire for greatness in basketball is very deep.

Shallow would be to be accepting but not maximizing talent he had and lollygag through his entire NBA career ala Joe Johnson

No Jordan understand the very purpose of human existence

Maximize your god given worth
I’m just saying shallow in terms of general interests, but your perspective does have just as much validity. Better to be a small pond that’s deep as an ocean than a sea that’s only waist deep

Daps
Reppin
NULL
why grown men care so much about the personal lives of other grown men that ain't close friends or blood :gucci:

but that ain't even it really...the real reason these clowns mad is that MJ after all these years gets to have the final say so on his image & not them

The irony in statements like these is that he doesn't control his image..... never did.....

Floyd Pinkerton

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

@YaThreadTrashB!

Your services are requested
WsqF1Qh.png

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Has anyone done the research to find out if Juanita Jordan even WANTED to be involved with this series?

Maybe she didn't want to be in it? :manny:

Just a thought. :manny:

“The list of interview subjects ultimately whittled down to 106. No one turned Hehir down for the film, including Barack Obama.“

Hehir said that he did not get into Jordan’s first marriage because for him there was so much to get to that was basketball-related and non-Michael related such as the backstories of Pippen, Rodman, Phil Jackson and Kerr. Jordan’s first marriage is one of the few places where an exploration would have produced a more complete picture of the subject.
"I wasn't interested in the opinion of any wife or kids in this," Hehir told The Athletic's Richard Deitsch. "We had the storytellers we wanted, and I felt like we had the story covered from every angle."

Last edited:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The list of interview subjects ultimately whittled down to 106. No one turned Hehir down for the film, including Barack Obama.“

Hehir said that he did not get into Jordan’s first marriage because for him there was so much to get to that was basketball-related and non-Michael related such as the backstories of Pippen, Rodman, Phil Jackson and Kerr. Jordan’s first marriage is one of the few places where an exploration would have produced a more complete picture of the subject.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
“The list of interview subjects ultimately whittled down to 106. No one turned Hehir down for the film, including Barack Obama.“

Funny because this says no one turned him down but he said that Karl Malone definitely turned him down and he’d been trying to get Karl since 2018...

And Byron Russell never answered his inquiries at all

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Yea its great entertainment. People just need to accept it as that though.

Could have mentioned how important his wife (at the time) was off the court. :manny:

Yet had no problem showing Carmen Electra talk about her thot activities :comeon:

Lil bit shocked you missed that Zig :patrice:

What about the “Republicans buy shoes” comment? I definitely didn’t miss that and commented about it earlier in the thread.

Dude in my opinion was dead ass WRONG. I’ve always hated hi stance on that.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
So in a JORDAN heavily featured doc that was showing a bunch of shyt about him in 84, 85, etc..was shown

However, the woman who was influential in his life is not in the DOC. That terrible MJ movie from the 90s even stated how important she was to him. They got a 10 hourt doc fam. Cant juelz about why she was completely ghost...unless you accept as Straight Outta Compton levels of controllin the narrative.

R.I.P to the security guard...but even he and his wife got a spot
edit: I dont care about the shyt from slate or others hating. His ex wife deserved some level of shout out

She got her shoutout with that $100 Million dollar divorce settlement:lolbron:

For MJ THAT made it personal :mjlit:

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
I think what this article does (and the references to the 2004 MJ book) is somewhat confirm what Ken Burns was trying to say when he criticized the documentary process.
Typically in a doc that focuses on a person, there will be an effort to learn more about the subject outside of what is public, common knowledge. And to be done in a thorough and coherent and honest way. But this doc has ultimately proved to be little more than a puff piece done by Jordan's people about Jordan himself.

Nothing of substance was learned here. It was largely a mixtape of his career.

Now a large part of this board is incapable of distinguishing between hatred and critique....between superficial attacks and hard, but fair questions. And perhaps an even larger part of the board skims a topic and sees "XYZ person is saying unflattering things about my hero" and that switch goes off where no rational thinking or discussion can be had.

So to bring it back full circle, what have we really gained from this documentary that we did not already know? Perhaps the details of Jordan's douchebaggery to certain teammates? Further confirmation that Dennis Rodman was a great player who walks to the tune of his own drum? That Jerry Krause's vanity destroyed a legendary dynasty?

We did not need 10 hours for that.

What I wanted was some dope highlights of MJ in his day and a little of his perspective, that's what we got :blessed: