SMACK/URL A Perfect Day To Die Live Update/Discussion Thread

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
I'm a fan of Uno but I was sayin it before. Whenever Cortez gets called out, he brings it. Only a few battles I feel like he took an L.

Speaking of DNA, why hasn't any of these battle rappers that go against him talk about his close involvement with SMACK yet with the battles? Didn't him and Charlie hook up a lot of shyt for SM2? That's a good ass angle to spin to give a reason why he has been on damn near every major card.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm a fan of Uno but I was sayin it before. Whenever Cortez gets called out, he brings it. Only a few battles I feel like he took an L.

Speaking of DNA, why hasn't any of these battle rappers that go against him talk about his close involvement with SMACK yet with the battles? Didn't him and Charlie hook up a lot of shyt for SM2? That's a good ass angle to spin to give a reason why he has been on damn near every major card.

Rosenberg raw touched on it in their one rounder. Surprisingly good battle.

Now someone could expand on it even more in a 3 round battle.

Ardamus

Daps
Right, he sure did. I dunno, fam. In a 3 rounder bring up that and how he goes to battle on other leagues to take their bread but yet he is one of the main ones that's like it only counts on SMACK. Just sayin......

TrifeGod

Chasing The Dragon
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
I was listening to the WR. Norbes brought up how Rain was smashing all these female battles rappers & Rain wanted to keep that private.

My point is you need to give this nygga Rain a big ass gold chain, some xclusive vodka, some hoes in his videos, & he should be rapping about some ignorant shyt in a clever way because it's obvious he's naturally an a$$hole.

I'm not saying he should be like everyone else, but I've heard his concious shyt. It's boring. He needs to create that aggressive content that reflects the harsh realities of the way he's really living. The reckless talk, the hoes, the slick talk, etc.
I'm in NC and I remember Rain's early work, he used to spit street shyt with Corey....basically what you're saying is he should go back to his underground days
nikkaz sleep on Rain but that nikka has been nice for over a decade

Delicious

The D is for Delicious
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland/Brooklyn

Like @theflyest said, Rosenberg hit this topic.. but in my opinion, he went all the way in on him in a one rounder. The shyt was brutal. It felt like Raw had a personal problem with DNA the way he came at his neck.

Ardamus

Daps
Now I gotta rewatch that shyt.

At least they chopped it up like this in the end. I can respect it when a muthafukka acknowledges a loss and his own faults.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like @theflyest said, Rosenberg hit this topic.. but in my opinion, he went all the way in on him in a one rounder. The shyt was brutal. It felt like Raw had a personal problem with DNA the way he came at his neck.

Agreed

However, someone can use the exact same angle & do it differently. Same shyt Mook did.

If Raw didn't come like that, he would have lost, because that was the revamped nwx version of DNA we have been seeing lately.

Throwbacksample

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I'm in NC and I remember Rain's early work, he used to spit street shyt with Corey....basically what you're saying is he should go back to his underground days
nikkaz sleep on Rain but that nikka has been nice for over a decade

10 years? How old is rain??

TrifeGod

Chasing The Dragon
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
10 years? How old is rain??
I'm in my late 20s....and I'm pretty sure I was listenin to Rain around 2004-2005...Rain used to be on 730(producer), St. Laz, Geolani, Pottersfield.....Dj Diggz mixttapes and uhh dis other NC rapper I can't remember his name tho..plus Rain had his own mixtapes....if I had my old harddive from back then I'd upload all those NY mixtapes from then

raw613

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
602 via 410

People like to joke on Cortez like he's a bum, he really isn't, I respect him giving shots but he did it so much that he had a bunch of battles where he didn't gain anything from winning that's his only problem really