SMACK/URL Presents Resolution | Cassidy VS Goodz | PPV DISCUSSION THREAD

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
Battleraps main demographic is like 35 yr olds but keep hearin ya'll talkin like it's some new generation of kids that didn't experience real bars or how it was back in the day.

Most of us are 80s babies.

If you actually followed battle rap like that you'd know the best writers are currently writing some of the most complex bars ever done in hip hop. These surface level observations are just exposing a cursory level of knowledge on the culture.

To say everyone now a days sounds the same in the battle rap then say todays battle rap is cotton candy and Cassidy is steak is crazy. Cassidy gets clowned cause HE'S formulaic. Sure there are trends in battle rap, just like any culture. I like Cassidy, he's cool. But his style is very sing alongy (he delivers his shyt like you're reading with him like this
stream_lol_videocategories_singalong_497b50aa.gif
), same cadence and rhyme patterns for 20 years. It's cool but spittin Big Tigga in the basement freestyle bars isn't going to win you a rap battle in 2019. We're not cyphering in the park but some of you Cass stans act like that style of rap is the only one that counts. Same with the Mook stans it's like you've got to use a style from 01-05 mixtape era to be considered "bars" to these dudes. I loved that era too but you got to step out the box. Same rhyme patterns, same set ups, rehashing the same word play that's been used 100s of times, rehashing the same concepts that have been used hundreds of times. His shyt is played, it's simple. His attempts at 'schemes' are laughable and his punches are never very good. Considering those are the 'strengths' of his style it doesn't bode well.

Rappers who rap on wax need presence, conviction, flow, delivery AND bars. So to me it's stupid to criticize battle rap for having other important attributes besides bars. Battle rap ain't just about performance, but it's part of it and to act like that takes away from the lyricism is stupid to me, and just exposes you only watch a few battles here and there and don't really follow the culture like that.

Cassidy still doing "you out your damn mind, I grab the damn 9 and blam mine, when I spit a damn rhyme them damn lines go over your damn mind" and it's like yea ok man that shyt was cool before. But don't act like that shyt is some over the head shyt, or we finally back to real bars. Goodz is one of the weaker lyricists in battle rap and still bodied Cass who's whole style banks on him being lyrical. You put Cassidy against a Rum Nitty or a Twork, or a Tay Roc he's gonna look like some random kid playing one on one with Bron.

Frida Giezman

Banned
Daps
I saw in another thread nikkas doing backflips over this Richard Pryor line rum nitty said and it was the type of line cass could literally write in his sleep but they call cass dated :mjlol:

And I’m supposed to believe there’s no bias against the old era :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Frida Giezman

Banned
Daps
And they won’t even give cass props for the amount of views the battle got

Goodz thinks that shyt hit 2 mil in a week because of him :mjlol:

But there’s no bias :mjlol:

Frida Giezman

Banned
Daps
I just be amazed how some of the most GARBAGE shyt impresses y’all

I seen dudes saying suges been on a tear his last 3 battles

When his battle at resolution was absolute fukking trash like what are y’all hearing??

You can’t tell me you dudes aren’t emotionally invested in this shyt

“The battle community is like a family” gtfoh that shyt killed the sport if you ask me

RAW_SPK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
N.I.N.
I just be amazed how some of the most GARBAGE shyt impresses y’all

I seen dudes saying suges been on a tear his last 3 battles

When his battle at resolution was absolute fukking trash like what are y’all hearing??

You can’t tell me you dudes aren’t emotionally invested in this shyt

“The battle community is like a family” gtfoh that shyt killed the sport if you ask me
You trying really hard to convince people cass won. If you think he won cool but lets not run with the “emotionally invested” shyt when you doing back to back posts in cassidy’s defense. That looks crazy.

Frida Giezman

Banned
Daps
You trying really hard to convince people cass won. If you think he won cool but lets not run with the “emotionally invested” shyt when you doing back to back posts in cassidy’s defense. That looks crazy.
I speak out against the bias whether it be cass, mook or whoever else y’all automatically root against because they ain’t all buddy buddy with the brc

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
Cassidy killed the 1st round then was generic and trash after. Goodz was trash all 3 rounds, I dont understand why the crowd was that hype the wack shyt he was spitting.