So are we ready to admit how influential Chief Keef has been?

Drip Bayless

Superstar
Daps
I mean let's be reality. We already know Gucci and Wayne, are the most influential of the last 10 years, but since 2012 no one has had more of an impact on the game than Sosa, for better or worse.
99% of the young nikkas y'all heard today have either cited Sosa as an influence or you can hear it in their music. Yachty, Lil Uzi Vert, Playboi Carti, 21 Savage, Key!, Fetty Wap, etc.
Not to mention how many nikkas have been influenced by his style. Everybody got dreads now, way more people rocking Trues than pre-2012, the whole gucci goggles thing, everybody using chicago slang in they music now. You can say what you want about the quality of his music, but you can't deny this nikka changed the game when he was 17:wow:

Prince Cairo

Authentic
Daps
Reppin
Cairo, Egypt
Why do people say "let's be reality"? :mindblown:

But yeah, drill music had it's ripple effects. A lot of it was borne out of already existing trap music aesthetics though, and while drill music has lost popularity lately, trap music is getting more and more popular.

So he has had an effect, but it's not as prominent as you think.

LightSkinYeshua

All Star
Daps
7ZNhkYT.jpg

Every new song he drops

scrt

Pro
Daps
he brought back air force 1's fr fr

wonder how much air force 1's have been sold just off the influence of keef and nelly

straightcash

All Star
Daps
He's influenced a lot of souncloud rappers.... but his fans go overboard with it.

The "aye" adlibs, that was OJ da Juiceman. The "squaaad" that's all Waka.

The Sosa flow, was started by his man Capo, which he jacked on Bang 2 iirc. In addition to the dudes hairstyle even. "Sosa" isn't even an original name, Gucci was calling himself that, even had a tape named Gucci Sosa.

The Chop x Keef sound wasn't original.... Wooh da Kid x Southside was doing something similar in 2010/2011. Which is why i stopped taking "Drill" seriously when i went back and checked out this man's discography. I love the music, just can't accept the premise.

They basically took BSM's whole sound and rewrapped that shyt like it was a new genre. Funny thing is NY kids get slack for doing the same, even tho Frenchie BSM actually from New York, and Wooh/Waka originally from there too. Wooh definitely repped Queens in his music.

Wooh even had Fetti Gang, and keef fans act like Glo Gang is something special and nikkas copying. :beli:

I really recommend people check this out and see what this BS is all about.

Listen to the whole first half of this, and you'd think it was a "drill" tape.

Tracks 2, 3, 4

Tracks 5 (second nikka sounds like Durk), 14, 16 ("fetti gang, dirt gang")

It was just one type of sound they was doing (on some tracks), and Chicago kids basically took that one sub sound and made it their whole sound. But that don't mean you invented jack shyt, sorry kids. I love the music, just can't accept the premise.

Can't tell you how many bum ass kids I heard say Keef made dreads popular..... like Waka and Lil Jon never existed. Like Rastafarianism isn't a real thing. For those who don't know Rastafaris wear dreads for religious/spiritual reasons alone. Keef didn' start jack when it comes to dreads. :snoop:

Last edited:

Drip Bayless

Superstar
Daps
He's influenced a lot of souncloud rappers.... but his fans go overboard with it.

The Sosa flow, was started by his man Capo, which he jacked on Bang 2 iirc. In addition to the dudes hairstyle even. "Sosa" isn't even an original name, Gucci was calling himself that, even had a tape named Gucci Sosa.

The Chop x Keef sound wasn't even original.... Wooh da Kid x Southside was doing something similar in 2010/2011. Which is why i stopped taking "Drill" seriously when i went back and checked out this man's discography. I love the music, just can't accept the premise.

They basically took BSM's whole sound and rewrapped that shyt like it was a new genre. Funny thing is NY kids get slack for doing the same, even tho Frenchie BSM actually from New York, and Wooh/Waka originally from there too. Wooh definitely repped Queens in his music.

Wooh even had Fetti Gang, and keef fans act like Glo Gang is something special and nikkas copying. :beli:

Tracks 2, 3, 4

It was just 'one' type of sound they was doing (on some tracks), and Chicago kids basically took that one sub sound and made it their whole sound. But that don't mean you invented jack shyt, sorry kids. I love the music, just can't accept the premise.

Can't tell you how many bum ass kids I heard say Keef made dreads popular..... like Waka and Lil Jon never existed. Like Rastafarianism isn't a real thing. For those who don't know Rastafaris wear dreads for religious/spiritual reasons alone. Keef didn' start jack when it comes to dreads. :snoop:
Why you so mad famo:dwillhuh:
Everyone knows Waka and Gucci are huge chief keef and drill influences, because he himself has said that numerous times. Anyway your whole post is about drill music, Chief Keef stopped making drill music in 2013. I know you have no clue what the fukk you're talking about when you say Capo invented his flow:mjlol:

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps

The Chop x Keef sound wasn't even original.... Wooh da Kid x Southside was doing something similar in 2010/2011. Which is why i stopped taking "Drill" seriously when i went back and checked out this man's discography. I love the music, just can't accept the premise.

Tracks 2, 3, 4

It was just 'one' type of sound they was doing (on some tracks), and Chicago kids basically took that one sub sound and made it their whole sound. But that don't mean you invented jack shyt, sorry kids. I love the music, just can't accept the premise.

i use to listen to whoo but he wasnt as good as prime keef, keef made more and better bangers them times plus u might not agree but i feel like keef had better bars than woo da kid too, but im talking 2012 keef

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
desperate thread :mjlol:

I just hope Keef isn't so desperate in real life: "My music is classic! Look at how it's influenced people! Please talk to me!" :bryan:

SlurRty

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NJ x NYC
i think most of us know how influential chief is .. i mean you couldeasily har it in the music.

Drip Bayless

Superstar
Daps
desperate thread :mjlol:

I just hope Keef isn't so desperate in real life: "My music is classic! Look at how it's influenced people! Please talk to me!" :bryan:
Aren't you an A$AP Copy stan?
Obsess over a skirt wearing fakkit who bit his whole style brehs:mjlol: