So are we ready to admit how influential Chief Keef has been?

Dixon Cider

Doing numbers and breaking stan hearts
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Coli Suburbs
Was at a kickback this weekend and when Keef came on with Faneto, everyone went dumb followed up
By wilt chamberlain and then followed up by super saiyan from uzi and asses was tootin

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's influenced a lot of souncloud rappers.... but his fans go overboard with it.

The "aye" adlibs, that was OJ da Juiceman. The "squaaad" that's all Waka.

The Sosa flow, was started by his man Capo, which he jacked on Bang 2 iirc. In addition to the dudes hairstyle even. "Sosa" isn't even an original name, Gucci was calling himself that, even had a tape named Gucci Sosa.

The Chop x Keef sound wasn't even original.... Wooh da Kid x Southside was doing something similar in 2010/2011. Which is why i stopped taking "Drill" seriously when i went back and checked out this man's discography. I love the music, just can't accept the premise.

They basically took BSM's whole sound and rewrapped that shyt like it was a new genre. Funny thing is NY kids get slack for doing the same, even tho Frenchie BSM actually from New York, and Wooh/Waka originally from there too. Wooh definitely repped Queens in his music.

Wooh even had Fetti Gang, and keef fans act like Glo Gang is something special and nikkas copying. :beli:

I really recommend people check this out and see what this BS is all about.

Listen to the whole first half of this, and you'd think it was a "drill" tape.

Tracks 2, 3, 4

Tracks 5 (second nikka sounds like Durk), 14, 16 ("fetti gang, dirt gang")

It was just 'one' type of sound they was doing (on some tracks), and Chicago kids basically took that one sub sound and made it their whole sound. But that don't mean you invented jack shyt, sorry kids. I love the music, just can't accept the premise.

Can't tell you how many bum ass kids I heard say Keef made dreads popular..... like Waka and Lil Jon never existed. Like Rastafarianism isn't a real thing. For those who don't know Rastafaris wear dreads for religious/spiritual reasons alone. Keef didn' start jack when it comes to dreads. :snoop:

drill music is more than just the sound or production. its moreso the content/lyrics and cadence that give it its uniqueness (for better or worse)

most these nikkas were gangbanging over trap beats because thats what was popular at the time :yeshrug: The producers like chop, paris bueler, dj L and c-sick eventually modified it and added their own twist to match their environment and surroundings ....If you ask me the 'drill sound' didn't really come into its own until 2012ish/2014

EDIT: and Bo deal from chicago was also part of BSM for a hot minuet! him and the VL's from the west side were waka and gucci's muscle whenever they would come to chicago.

Brick squad use to fukc with L.E.P super heavy too! pacman from L.E.P (rip) was the first dude who kinda kicked off the drill movement , even though these scene was already there, it just never had a name so to speak.

^skip to 3:00

funny b/c he It sounds nothing like most drill rappers today

Last edited:

Drip Bayless

Superstar
Daps
He could've been so much more. He had the potential to be Hov or at LEAST Wayne status.

He was 16 and getting recognition. Now he's just :scusthov:
Yeah honestly anyone who has watched his career has seen what a waste of potential he is. What kind of 17 year old gets offered to do a music video with Wiz Khalifa, and 50 cent and doesn't show up at all :mindblown:
Not to mention his poor decision making when it comes to impregnating thots. We're the same age and this nikka has like 5 fukking kids:snoop:
nikkas pull out game is beyond atrocious