So....does DJ gets GSP'd? (12/3/16) UFC Ultimate Fighter Finale: Mighty Mouse vs. Tim Elliot

Who wins the main event?

• Demetrious "Mighty Mouse" Johnson

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • Tim Elliot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
This was a great card and the Main Event was more competitive than anyone thought. I'd be down to see an immediate rematch, Elliot came to fight.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
This was a great card and the Main Event was more competitive than anyone thought. I'd be down to see an immediate rematch, Elliot came to fight.

:whoa: Elliot was game and did a lot better than expected, but he lost 4rds and there isn't a reason to see that.

DJ used his superior grappling to control Elliot and avoid dealing with the unorthodox striking of Elliot.

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
:whoa: Elliot was game and did a lot better than expected, but he lost 4rds and there isn't a reason to see that.

DJ used his superior grappling to control Elliot and avoid dealing with the unorthodox striking of Elliot.
:yeshrug: I'd rather see that than another fight with Benavidez. I don't know where DJ goes from here, everyone seems to want a superfight against Cruz.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Surprised DJ hasnt spoken about avenging his lost to Cruz tbh, he's cleaned out the fly weight division. Other than breaking AS's record he's got nothing prove

Last edited:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
:yeshrug: I'd rather see that than another fight with Benavidez. I don't know where DJ goes from here, everyone seems to want a superfight against Cruz.

I'm not keen on that either, but I think DJ wants the record before he entertains the Cruz fight. Not sure who is a fresh opponent out there, maybe Wilson Reis. He was supposed to get a shot before DJ got injured.

So UnThotful

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TSC/Icey/ByrdGang
Even tho it was a 4 to 1 round win for DJ

that was the most competive fight I've seen that I can remember from a 49-46 scorecord type figbr

Not sure if DJ took him lightly or Elliot found the juice but at times I thought early on Timmy was gonna pull a Matt Serra but once again,DJ came.through

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Maynard had a choice to go to the ground, and he didn't take it. Many other BJJ guys e.g. Frank Mir, Fabricio Werdum and etc have gone to the ground and invited opponents into their guards. BJJ is part of MMA.
who is saying it isnt? Fact is when the opponent is never going to accept the invitation it starts looking a certain way. Had the same gripe with werdum in his last win

If Ryan had reservations testing Maynard's wild looping punches, then why should he venture there? Maynard wanted it one way, but it can be the other way.
as they were already on their feet and he was tooling him from a distance with his feet maybe he could learn to use his hands and I don't know apply head movement like a martial artist?

He opened his guard to avoid Maynard's wild looping punches. It was defensive genius. There is no flopping in fighting.
this fight and maia in Abu dhabi (to name a few) disagrees
If you get touched and go down, it is a knock down.
thanks for the mma lesson but a lot of time hall wasn't touched he'd sense an onslaught or the presence of being stalked then dive kicking his feet in the air. Knowing Maynard could only kick his legs or wait until he stood up. A different setting with a rambunctious crowd as soon as the boos circulated a ref could see that as stalling

BJJ is part the game, and if you want to invite your opponent to the ground, it is not "flopping." Maynard after all these years in the UFC is still not a complete fighter, that is not a reflection on Ryan Hall.
it is flopping when the opponent being invited shows no sign in engaging and the floppee persists to the ground in the middle of action, we are going in circles. You have your opinion I will keep to mine

bsmooth

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hall was not just falling straight on his back like Werdum did pretending to be hurt to bait his opponent into his guard, he was going for rolls or at least trying to hook a leg.

He was doing attacking maneuvers and Maynard was the one disengaging, stepping out and literally walking away

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Hall was not just falling straight on his back like Werdum did pretending to be hurt to bait his opponent into his guard, he was going for rolls or at least trying to hook a leg.

He was doing attacking maneuvers and Maynard was the one disengaging, stepping out and literally walking away
He voluntarily went to the ground unabated that is essentially what flopping is, the fact that he would do somersaults and air kicks or whatever as he baited Maynard with his leg spread apart is beside the point