So I bought my self an Audi

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Warranty on my 2011 335i just expired breh.

Am I fukked... :lupe:

It's an N55 so I should be ok, right? :merchant:

Daps

How many miles do you have ? Has anything happened already that was covered? You might be ok if you have some $ saved up and you aren't up there mileage wise

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How many miles do you have ? Has anything happened already that was covered? You might be ok if you have some $ saved up and you aren't up there mileage wise

Just over 47k.

I only drive the car maybe 6k miles a year.

They replaced the A/C compressor and the fuel pump so far. Everything else has been smooth.

Should I drop the bread on an extended?

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
This thread is kinda reminding my e of my co worker that just brought a 2007 a4 quattro 2.0 turbo with 50,000 miles on it. He got it from a buy here pay her paying 350 a month :mjcry:. He's one of those fake it til you make it type cats that have a bunch of debt and bad credit(hence the buy here, pay here) and I begged him to just go ahead and cop a honda or something until you can do better but he will soon find out when that carbon build up bill comes up :mjcry: or if the electrical parts don't go bad by then :camby:. Not a shot at the OP

Daps
Just over 47k.

I only drive the car maybe 6k miles a year.

They replaced the A/C compressor and the fuel pump so far. Everything else has been smooth.

Should I drop the bread on an extended?

You don't drive a whole lot and you got the fuel pump out the way for now. Sounds like you probably have 3-2 years to go on your loan, yes? Might be worth the peace of mind tho. Other than that I say you have 3 years easy with no major issues.

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....

Na your fukked
Get a extended warranty
Parts are insanely expensive
The N54 leaks like crazy

Haven't heard anything overly negative about the N55. I mean. They are still using it in newer models

The biggest negative is when it gets older you can't push it as hard. Which takes the fun out of owning one in the first place

Best believe I will be changing this A4 out before 70K miles

AlwaysLurkin

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are bmws and audis reliable, that's a lot money in fixes for new cars . That's why I don't understand how yall say American cars garbage but not foreign cars.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are bmws and audis reliable, that's a lot money in fixes for new cars . That's why I don't understand how yall say American cars garbage but not foreign cars.

American cars have gotten much better over the last 12 years.
Foreign (non Japanese) cars have stayed about the same, with the exception of Mercedes-Benz, which has done a lot for their reliability since Diamler sold Chrysler.
The thinking is, while both have mechanical issues, the "driving experience" that you get with a german car is supposed to offset the maintenance headaches.
That being said, almost all of the Mercedes and BMW mechanics I know drive Fords.

:manny:

Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Black and not crackin’
Supporter
Daps
BMWs are a bit more reliable than Audis in general. At least with the BMWs, you won't get dikked around by the dealership concerning the warranty. Audi is bad about denying warranty claims. The N54/ N55 are strong engines with minor issues. The fuel pumps are covered under warranty for 120k miles for all cars. There are problems with the injectors going bad on them but it seems that is mostly fixed. Carbon buildup is still a problem. For anyone planning on keeping these cars, cut ALL BMW maintenance recommendations by half ( oil changes= 7500 miles, tranny fluid every 50k, etc.).
Audis and VWs suffer from general failure of electrical/ignition systems and generally badly engineered components. The 2.0T FSI engine has finally fixed the oil sludging issues, but be prepared to replace sensors and other penny-anny crap. There seems to be an oil consumption issue as well. Get a warranty up to 100k if possible. ..

Last edited:

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
So far having it for a month and a half
A few thoughts

Gas mileage is so much better than my 335i :noah: I don't drive much so $25 a weeks is more than enough
Sounds like an I4( I mean it is an I4 but its kinda a negative)
Turbo lag is noticeable but not by much
Brakes are pretty damn powerful
Interior is overall better.
More noise than the 335i while driving. Feel like I have the sunroof open.

Will eventually get the B9 lights and RS Grill :takedat:

44588_912041943930_1780258815_n.jpg