So I got my ancestry results back

Studious one

Change names, like change clothes; stay a fly girl
Daps
You got to be ready for what you might find out when you do those. I was shocked at my results. Had to di a lot of adding and carry some ones:sadcam:

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m from New York and almost everyone here who is black American people migrated from the Carolinas. My grandmothers father is from South Carolina (I don’t know where) 23 and me already found cousins I have in North Carolina
Having those cousins from the Nortth Carolina and a great grandfather from South Carolina support that Ghana/Liberia/Sierra Leone result being Mende.

I got a 23%+ result from that same region, which I knew was a Mende (Sierra Leone) result for my mother and a Bissa (Ghana/Burkina Faso) result from my father. I knew of those ethnic groups because of my African Ancestry results. One other point is Black people in Tennessee also have strong roots in North Carolina. Every Black American from Tennessee results that I saw came back really strong to North Carolina and to a lesser extent Virginia, but still strong there too.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
That is not typical. African Americans don't usually have Native American and Spanish/Portuguese DNA ancestry to that extent. He has a Hispanic recent ancestor.

My mom is Afro Panamanian. her father’s father is from Martinique and that side is slave descendants from west Africa. My mothers grandmother in her mothers side appears to be straight African in appearance but I suspect her husband was mixed with Hispanic

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
Please tell us more about your self breh ?? 15% and 4%

full
Ay fukkin yoooooo :russ:

I Love this site :mjlol:
I want to do one soon and I'm expecting similar results, probably a bit more Euro and less African...Native is probably in there but not at 4% especially with a West Indian grandparent

Half white would be 55-70% Euro unless the black parent is from Africa
Someone would have to be 70% European to be half white? :dwillhuh:

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Ay fukkin yoooooo :russ:

I Love this site :mjlol:

Someone would have to be 70% European to be half white? :dwillhuh:
AA people average 75-85% African, 15-25% European. Spare 1-2% for possible Native American.

70% European is on the high end but one's parent is an AA person with heavy admixture already it can happen. Most people take more of this type of DNA from the opposite sex parent so a couple percentage points can swing it.

For example Russell Wilson is 36% Euro...if he had a baby with his first wife that child would hit that mark especially if it's a girl.

Most biracial people who are 50% African literally have an African parent. Or at the least their black parent is 95% and of the opposite sex.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
AA people average 75-85% African, 15-25% European. Spare 1-2% for possible Native American.

70% European is on the high end but one's parent is an AA person with heavy admixture already it can happen. Most people take more of this type of DNA from the opposite sex parent so a couple percentage points can swing it.

For example Russell Wilson is 36% Euro...if he had a baby with his first wife that child would hit that mark especially if it's a girl.

Most biracial people who are 50% African literally have an African parent. Or at the least their black parent is 95% and of the opposite sex.
You can go even further on that European percentage and state that the typical African American is going to be heavily Northwestern European and have English, Irish, Norwegian, Swedish, German and French admixture. You see that because those are the groups that were isolated with African Americans for hundreds of years in small areas. Whenever you see a high Spanish/Portuguese or Native American admixture that right away lets you know that is a Hispanic admixture and the roots would be from the Caribbean, Central or South America. That puts to rest those ridiculous stories that people grandma's told them about being Indian.

The admixture reports of 23andme are also excellent indicators of historical events, because it shows gene flow time periods. They show what nationalities were pushed out of lands. What new ethnic groups were brought into lands and time periods in which it happened. That is an excellent indicator of how long your ancestors have been somewhere. Those African American 23andme reports are incredible, because they show Senegambian and Congo/Angolan DNA being in the USA for a long time. Then Ghanaian DNA arrived. All of that mixed with European DNA. Then within the last 150 to 200 years there was a big splurge of Nigerian DNA added to the mixture. All of those time-lines coincide with wars and other activities in West African regions that produced slaves.

Last edited: