So I Just Finished Watching All 5 Seasons Of Spider-Man TAS

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
It's amazing how you went into that show with the intent of criticizing the show and still came out wrong.

How does a 6'4 200 lb 16 year old nerd getting beat up by jocks translate on screen? Of course he's 5 feet tall that's the point of the contrast in the character

And it's amazing how "it's for kids" is somehow a dismissal for the show. All superhero tv shows are for kids that's why you never got wolverine actually stabbing someone throughout the entirety of any X-men series. The point is if it's a good show or not, not if it's for kids

I don't know where you watched spiderman but he's always been a joker and if you did watch the series you would know 3 episodes in the main villains are conflicted civilians like electro and vulture and b level villains before they got their powers. Nobody he actually took seriously. When you reach to the Big Man see how his tone changes

Ppl still holding onto TAS are nostalgia goons who would never accept anything outside of their childhood. This show was so good evening the background characters with no speaking roles had storylines to follow (spidey savessels the couple in one episode, they are on a date couple episodes later, they marry the next season) the foreshadowing was next level (carnage in the therapy session) TAS is a Goddamn chore to get through and relies so much on outside characters to push the story it comes to offer as the superfriends sjow

:Boshfukkery:

Remedial, binary thinking, blanket statement ass nikkas like you who have to shyt on something else in order to uplift something else are the fukking worst.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
if memory serves me correctly

it should go:

Xmen
Spidey
FF4
Ironman
Hulk

The MCU before the MCU. I remember the cartoon crossovers, Wolverine in Spider man, Captain America in X-men etc. :wow:

Yeah it’s wild. John Semper says standards and practices were tougher on them and he never really understood why. Fox seemed to go to bat for Batman and X-men more. And I guess because Batman was their “prestige” animated show they said fukk it do what you want we got your back.

Also Greg Weisman said he was going to kill Gwen Stacy eventually which is something else the 90s show would never do. It’s why MJ vanished in a portal instead of dying :francis:

Another advantage spec has over it is layered storytelling. The whole Peter/Liz/Gwen triangle was handled really well and in the end they let Pete be the one who was at fault. Other shows would try to skirt that and make the hero look heroic but on this show, he knew it was on him and the show never tried to pretend it wasn’t. There’s an honesty there that I really appreciated as a fan of the character and just as a human being; none of us are perfect not even peter Parker. In the 90s show when something was his fault they normally found a way to get out of it or a convenient excuse for him or someone else would take the fall and that’s just not Spider-Man. In fact it goes against the whole “great power greater responsibility” ethos

Last edited: