So I Just Finished Watching All 5 Seasons Of Spider-Man TAS

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
Specifically the TAS series

Man either they were so ahead of their time or we are so behind ours.
I'm guessing it's the latter.

That show actually was on very limited budget and still is better than any one of them today.

Watching all 5 seasons of TAS was so awesome.
It had so much more depth than any spidermans afterwards, especially today.

From Peter Parker caring so much about Aunt May, to falling in love with Mary Jane, to having a thing with Felicia and all the times he spoke to himself about all the pains he deals with on a daily basis while having his alter ego.

Even small things like when he found out that the Venom symbiote did not like sound and peter saying "did you hide it from me, did you block it from my mind realizing that you don't like sound".

Man all that shyt, i'm not saying it was deeply philosophical but it had wayyyyyyyyyy more depth than anything afterwards.
These days animated shows are so dumbed down.

I was reading about why the show got cancelled after season 5, it was not because of ratings the show had amazing ratings, it was all because of two execs that had a dispute and couldn't find common ground.

What an awesome series.

Either all seasons of X-Men TAS, or Batman TAS or Superman TAS next!!

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Specifically the TAS series

Man either they were so ahead of their time or we are so behind ours.
I'm guessing it's the latter.

That show actually was on very limited budget and still is better than any one of them today.

Watching all 5 seasons of TAS was so awesome.
It had so much more depth than any spidermans afterwards, especially today.

From Peter Parker caring so much about Aunt May, to falling in love with Mary Jane, to having a thing with Felicia and all the times he spoke to himself about all the pains he deals with on a daily basis while having his alter ego.

Even small things like when he found out that the Venom symbiote did not like sound and peter saying "did you hide it from me, did you block it from my mind realizing that you don't like sound".

Man all that shyt, i'm not saying it was deeply philosophical but it had wayyyyyyyyyy more depth than anything afterwards.
These days animated shows are so dumbed down.

I was reading about why the show got cancelled after season 5, it was not because of ratings the show had amazing ratings, it was all because of two execs that had a dispute and couldn't find common ground.

What an awesome series.

Either all seasons of X-Men TAS, or Batman TAS or Superman TAS next!!
If you think that’s deep, X-Men is deeper but Batman TAS is the GOAT

It’s a reason the ppl that voiced Batman, Joker and Harley still voice them in things to this day

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Not better than spectacular Spider-Man but it’s a very good series. The writing on the show was very good so even when they had to cut the budget on animation, the show still worked. There are aspects of it that I still don’t like (hobgoblin before green goblin, “killing” MJ, water clone MJ) but it still works. But for my money, spectacular Spider-Man is the best Spider-Man adaptation we’ve gotten. And that includes movies

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
If you think that’s deep, X-Men is deeper but Batman TAS is the GOAT

It’s a reason the ppl that voiced Batman, Joker and Harley still voice them in things to this day
Oh ya I've seen it all
After several years I just decided to rewatch them
You should do the same, its mad enjoyable.

Ya xmen man, when Apocalypse spoke so eloquently in an apocalyptic way.... it was awesome.
"I am to mutants as mutants are to humans"

"You shall pay for your hubris"

That voice man....

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The one from 2008?

I didnt even watch that because I thought the animation seemed too childish & kiddy.

Am I missing out?

Are we both talking of the 2 season only series from 08-09?

Yes you’re fukking missing out :wow:

I’ve said this before but I don’t give a fukk about an animation style; I’m all about the writing and the character shyt and how the animation plays into that and how it moves. Once Greg Weisman and his lead animator explained why they went with that style (spidey needs to move fast and be agile so they went with a streamlined approach as opposed to something bulkier) I was sold. Then seeing it in action made a lot of sense.

All the layers and stuff you’re talking about with the 90s show? Spec has it in spades. The romance, the internal struggle peter has, his relationship with his aunt and his friends, and it’s all slow burn stuff. Things that are set up in episode 1 end up paying off down the line and it all builds on top of the other. The stuff they did with the green goblin is the best goblin stuff outside of comics. Bar none. And truly established him as spideys chief villain and a complete a$$hole scumbag who deserves to die.

If I were you I’d just blind buy it on amazon since I’m sure it’s not crazy expensive but I’m sure you’ve got other ways to peep what you want to watch.

But as a writer and a Spider-Man aficionado, spectacular Spider-Man is the best and I really don’t see how any other adaptation could make that claim

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
Huh? Breh you’re watching ultimate Spider-Man lol. Spectacular aunt may is old with glasses and has a frail ass voice
no it's spectacular, she got all her hair done and is wearing designer glasses and fashionable clothes.... i'd hit

latest