So in week 50 drake (nwts) sold more than g unit (tboi) did in week 2....but indie is the way to go

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Despite a huge media push Grande couldn't capitalize. I'd imagine it'll have legs and do well during the holidays though, but still...it's a testament to how far sales have fallen off for everyone. That album would have done 300-500k first week a decade ago.

Will be interesting to see how Adele sells.

LieutenantDan

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Despite a huge media push Grande couldn't capitalize. I'd imagine it'll have legs and do well during the holidays though, but still...it's a testament to how far sales have fallen off for everyone. That album would have done 300-500k first week a decade ago.

Will be interesting to see how Adele sells.

I thought she going to do at least 250k, her second single 'break free' sucks though

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
I don't like that she went from Babyface (R&B legend) to Max Martin (behind Britney, Backstreet boys, Nsync, Kelly Clarkson, Katy Perry etc).

The major labels pressured her when they saw her pop music success with the first album.
I don't know if they estimated that most of her fans were teenage girls with no appreciation of dope music and that they could capture more people going that route :manny:

LieutenantDan

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't like that she went from Babyface (R&B legend) to Max Martin (behind Britney, Backstreet boys, Nsync, Kelly Clarkson, Katy Perry etc).

The major labels pressured her when they saw her pop music success with the first album.

She was never in charge of her musical direction, she'd let the people around her chose.